Vacation

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Well, here we are 4 days into my vacation catching up on honey doo's, got the fence built, and the 172 out and gave it a bath and an annual so it is ready to go again after two years out of service. The new bench and shelving is in the hangar, and all the Fairchild is now in one place.

Our next commitment is 2 July at the kids BBQ, SO,, Barb and I have a few days to ourselves, and are hitting the road to a mini adventure.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/waterton/index_e.asp

See ya in a few :)

NC19143 said:
Our next commitment is 2 July at the kids BBQ, SO,, Barb and I have a few days to ourselves, and are hitting the road to a mini adventure.

See ya in a few :)

Have fun. Be safe.

TD,

If you "happen" to be in the area on your way home, stop by. Cherries are ready.
I managed to get a four day weekend this weekend (going to graves on Tuesday night....blech...) and we are taking BIG bikes out for a weekend in ID and MT. If you don't get here, we will probably get to Arlington on Sunday (10th), hopefully Jim will have some set aside for us to bring like last year.

Have a great weekend!

Dee

Pete's Triumph Bonneville America and my Honda Shadow Aero

We took Hwy 20 east to 20 miles west of Kalispell and over nighted, then we did Glacier Park on Thursday, driving the Highway to the sun west, then east and stayed in St. Mary. Mt. over night Fri. Saturday we toured Waterton International Park in Canada, and drove up to Banff and overnighted Saturday, and then drove to the Ice Fields that cover the contental Divide, we took the tour and rode the Ice crawler out onto the Alabasca Glacier It was Snowing like crazy to 8000' and rained all day Sat. while we drove on to Jasper.

It was poor viewing the Mountains in he rain, So we left Jasper at noon and arrived home 2330. via Canada #5 south. Kamloops, Hope, BC and home.

Sorry to miss the Cherries but we got 230 pictres of rocks, trees, rivers, water, deer, moose, and bear.

WE may see you at AWO but don't know for sure yet.

Last edited:
Waterton National park across the boarder from Glacier National park.

Here is more pictures.

continental divide Banff Canadain National Park.

Very nice pictures. The waterfall looks inviting. Can you imagine launching off the dock into those still waters in the lake pic? That house on the hill above the lake, boy oh boy, I bet they get the winds real nice being exposed like that. Still, very breathtaking.

Re: Vacation,more pictures

Photo 1, St Mary Mt looking ssw 2200 in the evening.
Photo 2, Same place 0500 next morning.
Photo 3, Waterston NP east side "where the mountains meet the planes"
Photo 4, over look, waterston np.

Re: Vacation,more pictures

NC19143 said:
Photo 1, St Mary Mt looking ssw 2200 in the evening.
Photo 2, Same place 0500 next morning.
Photo 3, Waterston NP east side "where the mountains meet the planes"
Photo 4, over look, waterston np.

Photo 3, "....the prairies" I can't get planes off my mind either.

I should read my own pictures,, :)

Try this one

NC19143 said:
We took Hwy 20 east to 20 miles west of Kalispell and over nighted, then we did Glacier Park on Thursday, driving the Highway to the sun west, then east and stayed in St. Mary. Mt. over night Fri. Saturday we toured Waterton International Park in Canada, and drove up to Banff and overnighted Saturday, and then drove to the Ice Fields that cover the contental Divide, we took the tour and rode the Ice crawler out onto the Alabasca Glacier It was Snowing like crazy to 8000' and rained all day Sat. while we drove on to Jasper.

Sorry to miss the Cherries but we got 230 pictres of rocks, trees, rivers, water, deer, moose, and bear.

WE may see you at AWO but don't know for sure yet.

Left Cashmere Friday am, took the back roads, 28 to Quincy, Adams Rd to 26, then over to 261 past Palouse Falls and Starbuck. BTW there is NO Starbucks in Starbuck. Then 12 to Clarkston and up over Lolo Pass into Missoula. Spent Friday night in missoula and then headed up 83 to Kalispell. We had planned to head up to Glacier, but Pete spent too much time jawing with the guys at the Triumph and BMW (motorcycle) dealerships. Didn't get up to Kalispell until after 1700. Headed out on 2, spent the night in Libby and then took 2 all the way back home. I wish that we could have spent more time out there, it sure is beautiful.

Had a blast, but didn't get a whole lot of pictures. I was busy becoming 'one' with my bike. This was our 'shakedown' trip on the new toys. Going to be taking them to MN next month. 500+ per day is gonna be interesting. Need more padding on the seat, forward footrests and a bigger windscreen. Hmmm....maybe I should trade the Shadow in for a new Goldwing.......

DeeG said:
Headed out on 2, spent the night in Libby and then took 2 all the way back home. .....

We were in a campground 20 miles east of Kalispell when you went by.. :(

Or we passed you on the road, we didn't get into camp until 2130 MST

Back