Who can perform Continental Motors SI97-3G

TylerC

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TylerC
I’m looking to have the CONTINENTAL MOTORS
SERVICE INFORMATION DIRECTIVE
SID97-3G completed on a 1970 Bellanca Super Viking with the IO520K, the question I have is are there any recommended maintenance companies close to the Clovis, NM area who are familiar with this process? I don’t want to use a company whose unfamiliar with the directive or who doesn’t have the tools to complete the job. Again any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Again any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Perhaps give TCM support a call and see if they still have a short list of providers who can perform the work then go from there?

Perhaps give TCM support a call and see if they still have a short list of providers who can perform the work then go from there?
Funny enough I just tried calling them, but naturally they’re closed. I do plan on reaching back out to them on Monday though. Thank you sir!

Like any task; having prior experience will make the project easier. However; this isn’t really a “ Specialty Shop “ item. Having access to the gauges and an understanding of the system will make it rather easy.

While it has been revised recently the procedure has been around a long time.

Details such as keeping the same elevations are important but I’m sure there are quite a few Techs that can do this.

It’s not rocket science, I do it on my venture every annual. Bought a set of decent gauges and made the hoses up my self.

I strongly suggest you get a referral or find someone who's used them before. I know a couple guys with IO550's who went in blind and didn't get a very good job. The guy that I used knew the procedure and when my hangar neighbors him, their engines ran MUCH better.

I’m looking to have the CONTINENTAL MOTORS
SERVICE INFORMATION DIRECTIVE
SID97-3G completed on a 1970 Bellanca Super Viking with the IO520K, the question I have is are there any recommended maintenance companies close to the Clovis, NM area who are familiar with this process? I don’t want to use a company whose unfamiliar with the directive or who doesn’t have the tools to complete the job. Again any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I would join Saavy or give them a call. They have a network of mechanics and they know these engines inside and out. I’ve been very happy with their service.

https://www.savvyaviation.com/savvyanalysis/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The system has been in use for 60+ years. Other aircraft using it are some models
of Piper Arrow & Seneca, Cessna 210 , Agwagon and twins, Maule M-4 , and Mooney
and many Beeches. Also Cirrus.
You should be able to find someone experienced in the task.

Just for the record SID97-3G has been superseded a long time ago. This information is now part of TCM’s Standard Practice Maintenance Manual M-O. If the mechanic is still using the SID, I might be a bit concerned.

Back