Ford pick up delivery times

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador

Does anyone know of anybody who recently took delivery of a Ford F150 and if so what was the delivery time interval? I’ve heard everything from four months to 12 months to outright order cancellation for an F350.

Not an F-150....Co-worker ordered a new Bronco a few weeks ago. Dealer told him to expect delivery sometime before the end of the 2023 model year. He doesn't know if he's going to get a 2022 or 2023.
Ford just idled half of one of the plants that builds F-150's and Transit vans. One shift works the F line, one shift works the Transit line, rest of the line shifts are on furlough.

My son just got his 2022 bronco, nice truck, can't wait to try it. He ordered it when they first came out.

Not an F-150....Co-worker ordered a new Bronco a few weeks ago. Dealer told him to expect delivery sometime before the end of the 2023 model year. He doesn't know if he's going to get a 2022 or 2023.
Ford just idled half of one of the plants that builds F-150's and Transit vans. One shift works the F line, one shift works the Transit line, rest of the line shifts are on furlough.
Heck that far out, I’d forget that I even place the order

I ordered my Maverick hybrid on 6/11/21. Supposedly it's on a railcar now headed my way. Hope to take delivery by end of month. So over 8 months. Some things you've just got to be prepared to wait for.

I ordered my Maverick hybrid on 6/11/21. Supposedly it's on a railcar now headed my way. Hope to take delivery by end of month. So over 8 months. Some things you've just got to be prepared to wait for.

Now that we're getting used to empty shelves, long lines and ordering vehicles years in advance, can we switch back to "line up and wait" dumping "position and hold"? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I heard it will be Thursday...

...just don't know which one.

insert the joke Ronald Reagan told about the Soviet wait times for car delivery... (or did someone already reference that?)

My friend just ordered a new Super Duty and his son just took delivery of the one he had ordered. With my friend’s order they were telling him six months and there were certain options they were not allowing on an order because delivery times would end up going over one year due to shortages. His son’s truck took 4 months to deliver.

Bronco universe is entirely different, BUT:
- reservation placed 7/2020 within 24hrs of opening
- order placed 1/2021
- built 12/24/2021
- delivered last Thursday.

Nice truck tho.

Now they will raise the prices too!!

Does anyone know of anybody who recently took delivery of a Ford F150 and if so what was the delivery time interval? I’ve heard everything from four months to 12 months to outright order cancellation for an F350.[/

I ordered a 2022 F150 Lariat on Jan 22, 2022, dealer told me 3 months., but now with the Ford plants shutdown or slowing, who knows.

I have a private Ford offer of $2,500 expires April 4th, will they honor that ? I got X plan pricing ( EAA) and $2,000 in rebates, so it was as good deal as it comes these days, most dealers will not budge off MSRP. Dealer wanted my trade when I ordered, I told them I would keep it until the new truck shows up and then see what they will offer me
Lots of posts over on the F150 forums on delivery time etc.

Nope.

I'm either driving it off the lot, or I'm not buying.

Things might be a mess right now, but that doesn't change a thing for me. Nope. I don't need a car that badly. And dealers are bad enough when the car is there. They are far worse when it's not.

Wayne

I don't have to get a new PU. I have a low mileage 2001 that is good, so far. But We would like a more comfortable ride for upcoming trips in retirement. I can wait for a new one. I would prefer getting a used one but with what they want I am thinking of going new. Maybe as a save my money to pay cash, the chips will start showing up.

Maybe as gas goes up, demand will fall.

I see a lot of opportunity for 'things' to change in the coming year.

Last edited:
Nope.

I'm either driving it off the lot, or I'm not buying.

Things might be a mess right now, but that doesn't change a thing for me. Nope. I don't need a car that badly. And dealers are bad enough when the car is there. They are far worse when it's not.

Wayne
But I recall my parents driving a demonstrator and then ordering their new car. I think that things are going back to they way they were in how dealers are operating.

I know there are instances that can’t be helped like totaling a car, or maybe a mechanical total. Otherwise there is no way I’d buy a new car right now.

But I recall my parents driving a demonstrator and then ordering their new car. I think that things are going back to they way they were in how dealers are operating.
Unfortunately there are no guarantees here in Georgia if you give the dealer a deposit. They can lie, take your money, and there's no car for you, not as promised, just wait longer or lose your money.

Wayne

Unfortunately there are no guarantees here in Georgia if you give the dealer a deposit. They can lie, take your money, and there's no car for you, not as promised, just wait longer or lose your money.

Wayne
Talking with my local dealer, I was told a refundable $500 deposit would get my order placed. I think that is fair. I have lived and worked in this small city of 15,000 for 30 years. People know each other. Perhaps this might help keep them semi-honest when the truck shows up. I wouldn't be happy but loosing $500 is not the end of the world.

Bronco universe is entirely different, BUT:
- reservation placed 7/2020 within 24hrs of opening
- order placed 1/2021
- built 12/24/2021
- delivered last Thursday.

Nice truck tho.

Built on a Friday, and on Christmas Eve, no less? :eek:

Well, at least the robots on the line weren't in a hurry to finish up and go home.

Good thing I plan to keep driving my '71 Volvo. Brand new cost me $3300 and only has 566k on the clock. I won't live long enough to justify a new car.

My 2021 Ford Escape was on the lot. We bought it and drove it home the same day. End of October. Like noted above, the only reason we bought it was that the 2013 Ford Escape we had was totaled in an accident. Otherwise I'd still be happily driving the 2013 model.

I ordered a 2022 F150 Lariat on Jan 22, 2022, dealer told me 3 months., but now with the Ford plants shutdown or slowing, who knows.

I have a private Ford offer of $2,500 expires April 4th, will they honor that ? I got X plan pricing ( EAA) and $2,000 in rebates, so it was as good deal as it comes these days, most dealers will not budge off MSRP. Dealer wanted my trade when I ordered, I told them I would keep it until the new truck shows up and then see what they will offer me
Lots of posts over on the F150 forums on delivery time etc.

My wife ordered through a well known dealer online. Painless and easy, and they sold for 3% under dealer invoice. It beat my x-plan pricing by quite a bit. They've been saying it'll be about 4 months, which is in line with what all of the other orders lately have been. but you're right that the shutdown will probably extend that timeline.

Any idea why? Supply chain issues? Covid? Can't get workers? All of the above?

I miss the old non-computerized cars and trucks. Crank windows, manual everything. Simple. Imagine if Packard still made cars in 2022? They’d probably be called Hewlett-Packard now, or maybe just Acer. ;)

Chip shortages are going to continue for quite a while. Intel has committed 20 billion for a new chip facility here in the US, with it scheduled to open part of it in late 2023. Industry rumbles are that the shortages will continue thru the end of 2023.

Chip shortages are going to continue for quite a while. Intel has committed 20 billion for a new chip facility here in the US, with it scheduled to open part of it in late 2023. Industry rumbles are that the shortages will continue thru the end of 2023.
The good news for Ford and the other truck manufactures is that as gas goes up, demand for new trucks will go down. What will be interesting is all the dealers that paid outrageous money to buy back the late model trucks, when gas hits four dollars a gallon in the spring and five dollars a gallon in the summer, what will they do with all that overpriced inventory? I will be there with my cash.
I think that This next year is going to be very interesting at several levels.

Last edited:
Any idea why? Supply chain issues? Covid? Can't get workers? All of the above?

The super duty line is also facing difficulty with structural steel, don’t know if that’s impacting the F150 line (frame rails) as well, but that’s been a problem in the past for that line.

When a large majority of your components come from communist countries to save a few bucks, you can't complain when the supply suddenly dries up. I know a lot of molded components come from Canada. Given the border restrictions and mandates right now shipping across the border is a total crap shoot. What was typically a 1-2 day affair is now multiple weeks.

Back