iPhone Question

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Does there need to be any special set up at the network side of where you email server is to service the iPhone if your server is behind a corporate firewall? On the M$ based phones you need to support active synch and I was wondering how the iPhone guys do it. I can see if you can hit a pop server from an Internet connection so no mystery there.

Does there need to be any special set up at the network side of where you email server is to service the iPhone if your server is behind a corporate firewall? On the M$ based phones you need to support active synch and I was wondering how the iPhone guys do it. I can see if you can hit a pop server from an Internet connection so no mystery there.

A friend's iPhone had an option for "Exchange Server" mail. Not sure if it was a pure MAPI connection or an ActiveSync type connection (which actually connects on 443 as https). I suspect the former since the ActiveSync technology would have to be licensed from Microsoft. That's a guess, though.

Christ, I don't know. I just hit the pretty button and, boom, there's my email.:dunno:

Back