Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

__599fadee94c2e30ee6e67e094ce56a3a_width-600-jpeg.318665

The inventor of the ‘spell checker’ just passed away recently.

May he rest in ****.

One of the big disappointments in my life was learning that the Fig Newton was named after the town of Newton MA. And, allegedly, the name of the town came from "New Town" and had nothing to do with Sir Issac...

But, I would also point out that Newton MA was also called Cambridge at one time and Sir Issac Newton went to Cambridge in the U.K. - so I personally suspect there is actually some kind of cover-up here - some kind of conspiracy. Probably involving the Clintons.

What are they trying to hide?

I want to like this or say something because it's very funny, but I feel like this might be one of those situations where anything I say or do could be used against me...
I notice that @2-Bit Speed liked the post above and the post below this one, but not this one. I think you’re in trouble. ;)

ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise stereo picture

In Walt Disney World, in the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom are these red, yellow and white pipes. The ride was originally sponsored by McDonalds and the formulas on the pipes are the chemical formulas for Ketchup, Mustard and Mayonnaise.

dinosaur-2013-12-14-3470-550x365.jpg

1956: For a bet whilst drunk, former Marine Thomas Fitzpatrick stole a small plane from New Jersey and then landed it perfectly on a narrow Manhattan street in front of the bar he had been drinking at. He had made a bet with a fellow drinker that he could leave the bar, go to New Jersey, and then get back in 15 minutes.

He did nearly the exact same thing two years later, after a bar patron refused to believe he had done the first one.
d17040647d3e0df696e5b5a48c1cb37d.jpg

1956: For a bet whilst drunk, former Marine Thomas Fitzpatrick stole a small plane from New Jersey and then landed it perfectly on a narrow Manhattan street in front of the bar he had been drinking at. He had made a bet with a fellow drinker that he could leave the bar, go to New Jersey, and then get back in 15 minutes.

He did nearly the exact same thing two years later, after a bar patron refused to believe he had done the first one.
d17040647d3e0df696e5b5a48c1cb37d.jpg

What folks don't know is this stunt is the real reason the FAA medical division is so sensitive to alcohol use by pilots. NYC was worried one day someone would make this an internet challenge and hundreds of pilots would do this every day, making the traffic jams more impossible than they already were. So the mayor went to the head of the FAA and begged him to make this stunt illegal. Well, the FAA couldn't forbid landing on city streets - after all, there's emergencies - and they couldn't just blanket ban consumption of alcohol - after all, many of these pilots remembered prohibition - so they decided that the only thing to do is make it hard for people with alcohol related convictions to get a medical. After all, someone who drives drunk just might fly drunk. And if they fly drunk...they might decide to land on the streets of Manhattan...and the FAA promised the mayor they wouldn't let that happen again! And that, folks, is the true story behind the FAA medical restrictions on alcohol. :cool::D

Did the police draw that chalk outline around the plane? A reflex action by a homicide detective, perhaps?

Wasn't America great back then.?? I mean just think.... someone was actually hired to draw chalk outlines.!!

Now that you've asked...not any more.

My DPE did that my entire IR oral. Drove me crazy.
I have applicants that are very tentative with most of their answers. Drives me crazy. ;)

Pro tip: if the examiner asks you to read something directly out of the AFM that’s related to a question you just answered, it likely means you got the answer wrong, but he’s giving you the opportunity to correct yourself. Refusing to do so doesn’t improve your chances. :rolleyes:

Back