Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

giphy.gif

Charge it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might be the permanent dead kind. Waiting on mechanic to test it.

Looking pretty good for tomorrow.

Chicago folks might have some flurries to dodge, but it looks doable.

@NealRomeoGolf did your mechanic issue a death certificate for your battery?

Chicago folks might have some flurries to dodge, but it looks doable.
TBH, we may have to run a few over.

Definitely will give it the ole college try… SCT025 often turns to OVC007 here.

TBH, we may have to run a few over.

Definitely will give it the ole college try… SCT025 often turns to OVC007 here.
I think it's going to blow off to the east before go time.

Of course, I'm an eternal optimist.

I mean, I bought a 45 year old airplane.

In winter? Oh yeah, you from GA

No guts, no glory. ;)

No, I live in Georgia; actually I would say I’m not from Georgia, I’m from Atlanta. ;) I’ve lived in lots of places in the US. Shoveled enough snow that I moved far enough south to not have to do that any more. Now I just “visit” snow. :)

I’ve picked up ice flying in AL, GA, KY, along the MO / IL border and in OH. Fortunately all trace amounts and quickly got out of it; had a plan each time.

Suddenly, the forecast for late morning in Indianapolis shows blowing snow and 20-knot gusts.

I swear, this is the windiest winter ever.

On our way...

Just got here. How many are we going to be?

That was fun! Did anyone take pictures?

We did clean them out of gravy, hash browns and orange juice...

I was thinking the same thing. For the briefing we were way more focused. Right wing. Check! Left wing. Check!

Maybe new guy got some pics?

You guys can't do anything right without me...
I have to say… I was shocked.. SHOCKED… @Jim K didn’t offer you a ride. I expressed my opinion at brunch while enjoying a nice biscuits and gravy and eggs over easy… yum. :D

I have to say… I was shocked.. SHOCKED… @Jim K didn’t offer you a ride. I expressed my opinion at brunch while enjoying a nice biscuits and gravy and eggs over easy… yum. :D
I'm the wrong direction. I'll try to catch it next time. Battery should be all charged by now.

I'm the wrong direction. I'll try to catch it next time. Battery should be all charged by now.
If I'd known @kaiser was going to be so late, I'd have had plenty of time lol. I wish I had; I didn't get nearly enough flying time today.

Always interested. Might be tough to get me before the 22nd (longer if I fail my checkride)…

I could drive to mto.... Or some benevolent soul could pick me up :(
I’ll pick you up if I’m going… you’re on the rum line. You’ll have to wrestle @masloki for shotgun…

MTO sounds good. I haven’t been there in quite a while.

Well crap, if we are throwing out airports, I could use a ride to KBDH in a couple weeks I doubt they’ve got a restaurant but probably have some nice FBO Bunn coffee.

Wx is looking somewhat decent this weekend.

I’m in for KMTO if that’s still a plan. Just need to book a club plane.

Not impossible I can be there Saturday. What time?

I’m a maybe. I’ll blame the impending checkride…

I got a club plane booked. Time?

I can be there any time after 0930 central. I prefer lunch there... the patty melt is my favorite, and the tenderloin is a close second. And the peanut butter pie....mmmmm......

Back