Advice sought on dealing with idiots

ON 10/28/2021 Jeppesen cashed my $450 data check and didn't credit my account.
Customer Servie has the front and back of the check.
They have it both by email and by certified mail
No Bueno

Just downloaded Garmin data; never again with Boeing.
Idjits. "you're FIRED".

B.
Boeing is behind you to the MAX.

tech_support.png
Speaking of XKCD and Tech Support...
tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

Years ago I worked for Oracle and we had a backdoor code word to get directly to an internal product support tree when we called in from a customer site. I would occasionally get asked how we managed to bypass the 50 questions and multiple callbacks when the customer called in a support issue.
Makes me want to give that a try one of these days, but I'm sure it would either be ignored or the response would be "huh?"

I'm still waiting to hear how the tailwheel conversion on the 150 worked out. Seems like he'd need a couple more parts than just the tailwheel. I've heard of the 'Texas Taildragger' conversion.

60 days after Boeing cashed my check, and six weeks after my certified mail was signed for, I got notice thanking me for updating my subscription. Heck I've already sold my Jepp programmer.

Long call explaining that I required my entire $450 back, not less one cycle which of course I never downloaded as the account was dead during that cycle. Put on hold again. Promised check by the end of January.

NEVER NEVER NEVER Jeppesen/Boeing. Elrey would be rolling over in his grave. My Account number is over 30 years old (Jeppview, then Jepp Data). So long!

60 days after Boeing cashed my check, and six weeks after my certified mail was signed for, I got notice thanking me for updating my subscription. Heck I've already sold my Jepp programmer.

Long call explaining that I required my entire $450 back, not less one cycle which of course I never downloaded as the account was dead during that cycle. Put on hold again. Promised check by the end of January.

NEVER NEVER NEVER Jeppesen/Boeing. Elrey would be rolling over in his grave. My Account number is over 30 years old (Jeppview, then Jepp Data). So long!
Well, Garmin does suck on multiple levels but they do have excellent customer service!

Perhaps Jeppesen has been infected by Boeing's degraded corporate culture.

I never heard why CAP dumped Jepp's database service, but I wouldn't be surprised if service issues like this had something to do with it.

Boeing hasn't ever acquired a company they haven't ruined in the process.
The company I work for tends to buy smaller suppliers, and leave them as they were. One is in a section of a building with different furniture from the rest of us. Because they know they bought it because it was a good relationship, a needed product or service, and they wanted to guarantee supply.
Boeing smells money, then believes that they can make more by applying the MCAS treatment, or whatever they call it.

No Bueno

Idjits. "you're FIRED".

B.
Chat support is the best bet with Jepp. I got through quick, and got someone that was actually helpful.

Actual IT job I received today:

- One monitor not working.

Called her up. She tells me the icons were the wrong size on her second monitor and she couldn't move her mouse from the first one to the second... Understand, I would have been the third technician she talked to. And there was zero information on the ticket. Just, "One monitor not working"

Chat support is the best bet with Jepp. I got through quick, and got someone that was actually helpful.
Chat or phone does work pretty good, but you have to understand that Jepp has never understood software and it just got worse when Boeing bought them.

No Bueno

Idjits. "you're FIRED".

B.
Want me to drive over there and raise hell? I know a number of the managers, used to work there, but not in Customer Service.

Boeing hasn't ever acquired a company they haven't ruined in the process.
It's gotten worse since McD bought Boeing with Boeing's money in '96. Condit (a real engineer) was great but then Stonecipher (McD) took over and it went straight downhill.

It's gotten worse since McD bought Boeing with Boeing's money in '96. Condit (a real engineer) was great but then Stonecipher (McD) took over and it went straight downhill.
Condit definitely wasn't great -- maybe better than Stonecipher at best. Condit made the initial decisions on the 787 to outsource most of the construction (more than any previous Boeing model) which turned out to be a disaster for the program. He moved Boeing's headquarters from Seattle to Chicago, which I think was the beginning of the disconnect between senior leadership and the actual product and workers building it. He also was CEO during all the government contracting scandals -- he was never implicated in any wrongdoing, but it did cost him his job in the end.

There is no such thing as customer service at Jeppesen/ Boeing.
I said the the accounts guy, do yo realize that I am closing a 30 year old account?

he said nothing……

One of the rules of business seems to be that once a corporations becomes to big to fail, it really needs to either fail or be cut up. It's sad that we lost Western Electric and Bell labs, but we're better off with AT&T split up into little pieces.

I just got my tax refund. From a year ago.

so, there is still hope I'll get mine... (26+ months... 1040 form filed Jan 2020 for the 2019 tax year).

.... eventually...

I got a toll notice from Maryland last month. The toll was from November of 2020. 15 months. But I had to pay it within 30 days...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back