headset & mic to mac

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I need a wireless solution for teaching. There are any number of earpods and headsets that connect to a phone, but I need one that connects bluetooth to a mac laptop. Macs have bluetooth built in, but I can’t find any info about earpods (apple or others).

Suggestions?

The bluetooth protocols that connect headsets to phones also connect them to laptops. If your Mac laptop was built in the last decade or so, just about any bluetooth headset should work. Just make sure the product you're looking at has a built-in microphone, if you want one. Most do these days.

I use the Mac airpods PRO with my Mac for meetings throughout the day. They work fine

I use the Mac airpods PRO with my Mac for meetings throughout the day. They work fine

I second this. I have used the Bose QC35 in the past but use the Airpod Pros now for my Zoom/MS Teams meetings. The Airpod Pro’s work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Bose 700 headphones that Bluetooth to the mac just fine for most stuff.

I also have a COMM1 USB interface that lets me plug in my aviation headset.

Do you have to have a headset? As a long time video conferencer, I use a USB speakerphone from Logitech. Sound quality for both listening and speaking is excellent. Hard wired, so no bluetooth drop outs.

Update…no need to spend the $$$ for iPods. I need the setup for 4 hrs a week while teaching. One of my students just had surgery, not allowed to come to campus, so I’ll run Teams and display the slides in class and online so he can attend in person. But, I need mic so he can hear lecture and questions from the peanut gallery.

I think the $19.99 pair from Target will work. Works fine on the cell phone, will try with the computer and treams later today.

Any phone bluetooth headset will work on the MAC, I don't know why you think it won't. I use the Bluetooth interface to go to/from my hearing aids (Resound PhoneClip).

Back