46' Cessna AD 47-50-02

Mooney Fan

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney Fan
A question for you wrenches. Is there a recommended procedure somewhere I could find for how to carry out this inspection? I know some use borescopes and even remove the vertical fin.

Anyone have experience to share?

Thx

47-50-02 CESSNA: Applies to 120 and 140 Aircraft Serial Numbers Up to and Including 14289.

Inspection required upon each 100 hours of operation until fuselage rear bulkhead (tail post) has been reinforced.

Inspect the lower right-hand corner of the cutout in the fuselage rear bulkhead for cracks which usually extend down to the rivet holes at the nearest anchor nut. If cracks

are found, install the new type bulkhead with reinforcement channel added per Cessna Drawing No. 0412169.

(Cessna Service Letter No. 46 dated July 31, 1947, covers this same subject.)

Remove the rudder. At that point if you see doubler, AD inspection complete. If no doubler, might have to remove lower rudder bearing support. If the doubler is not there, I would install it. That part of the plane takes a beating and it's highly unlikely to have no cracks if there is no doubler.

Remove the rudder. At that point if you see doubler, AD inspection complete. If no doubler, might have to remove lower rudder bearing support. If the doubler is not there, I would install it. That part of the plane takes a beating and it's highly unlikely to have no cracks if there is no doubler.
Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking. I’m not a big fan of pulling the rudder every year to verify no cracks.

Back