Results from Neuropsych Evaluation

Tyler Grommesh

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tyler Grommesh
So I have posted before regarding my medical app deferral for childhood ADHD.

A couple weeks ago I was administered both batteries of the neuropsych evaluation which included the Cogscreen among other tests.

Yesterday, my neuropsychologist called and said that the tests showed that I am an intelligent guy and he say no evidence of cognitive impairment. There was only one area that I didn't score well on. Mental math.

Overall I think this is good news. I wouldn't think mental math would weigh that heavily on the FAA's decision to grant me SI. Especially since everything else looks good... To me mental math is something that can be practices and learned and isn't so much a cognitive deficiency.

I'm just curious what everyone else thinks about that.

No answers for you regarding the FAA, but congratulations on your good results. If mental math is an issue, I would think practice would improve your score in that. I hope it works out for you.

I was always told that two plus two equals five when you have large quantities of two…

mental math at the Aggie level….

If you outperformed the bottom 15the percentile on that section, you will be okay. You DO do some mental math as pilot.....sometimes adding 180 and subtracting 30 (as in entering a hold) can be incredibly taxing.....

If you outperformed the bottom 15the percentile on that section, you will be okay. You DO do some mental math as pilot.....sometimes adding 180 and subtracting 30 (as in entering a hold) can be incredibly taxing.....

Naw, just look at your DG, take the number at the bottom of the needle, and go three of the bigger lines counterclockwise. ;)

I always like determining my descent point in my head. Say I'm at 9000, pattern is 1500, so I need to lose 7500. That's 15min at 500fpm, and the Mooney descends at 180kts at 500fpm, so that's 45mi, add 5mi to get slowed down and configured before entering the pattern, so my descent point will be 50 out.

Mental math :) I’m an engineer and don’t do math in public.

Mental math is how I initially determined a student was hypoxic…he couldn’t come up with a correct answer for 1500 feet divided by 200 ft/minute. He was a physicist.

his fingernails were Smurf blue when we looked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back