My 2021 Flying Map

Kinda points out to me that, in spite of them being reasonably close to my paths, I have never landed in Colorado or Nebraska. This among other states, of course. It simply surprises me.

That's how Vermont is for me. I've flown over it hundreds of times (lots of trips to and from NH, Maine, etc), but never landed there.

My flight map for 2021:

[this image intentionally left blank]

Based out of KSLC. Flew to KIDA twice last year. Randomly found an awesome Thai place the first time so decided to go again. The second time the waitress recognized us and sat down for like 30 minutes to chat.
KIDA was much busier than I expected. Kinda nice. I have siblings/aunts/uncles/grandmother in the SLC area and a friend in Boise. My plan is to be out that way each year. Helps me build hours and high altitude experience.

Yep, looks like I got an instrument rating this year. That is all.
upload_2022-1-7_8-1-16.png

207 hours of mostly IFR training, with family visits to SC and FL, plus a memorable trip to Big Bend.

Attachments

• map.gif
    map.gif
    24 KB · Views: 16
Did the map, but I can't post a link yet. :(

According to the data, cross-country flights in 2021 entailed 312 hours, 30,264 statute miles. 240 "legs" averaging 1+18, 127 statute miles, 97 mph. Excluding my origin airport, I landed at-- and subsequently took off from-- 77 discrete airports or lakes, in eleven states (16 in WI, 12 each in IL and MI, 11 in MN, 9 in IA, 6 each in OH and MO, 3 in AR, 2 in IN and one each in ND and IN).

Last edited:
Did the map, but I can't post a link yet. :(

According to the data, cross-country flights in 2021 entailed 312 hours, 30,264 statute miles. 240 "legs" averaging 1+18, 127 statute miles, 97 mph. Excluding my origin airport, I landed at-- and subsequently took off from-- 77 discrete airports or lakes, in eleven states (16 in WI, 12 each in IL and MI, 11 in MN, 9 in IA, 6 each in OH and MO, 3 in AR, 2 in IN and one each in ND and IN).

Strong intro and a solid year! Well done!

400.1 hours for the year

2021routes.gif

Work Routes in the 747 as First Officer or Intl Relief Officer. 1/3 of this time probably spent sleeping in a crew bunk, still logable per the FAA!
2021work.gif

Flying the C182B, Citabria, and some Super Cubs around south Central Alaska:
2021akroutes.gif

Carbon Cub training at Tac-Aero in Texas (plus a lot of off-airport landings):
2021routestexas.gif

Last edited:
I won't post a map, because it's too boring, and I'm a little embarrassed to see I only logged 22.7 hours last year. Lots of 15 minute dusk flights to just get in the air and look around. I did land at two new-to-me local airports just to add them to my list. I promise next year will be better!

Patrick

Mine was pretty much all repeat flights with the exception of 26N and RST.

Besides a helicopter intro flight in Oregon (that doesn't show up since it was local), this is my map for the country, and a closeup of ND for @iamtheari to show I landed at KRDR :D2021 flights ND.jpg 2021 flights.jpg

12,054.4 nautical miles flown. 197 flights for 297.1 hours

Back