Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

There’s literally no plan. The company announced the extended free holiday and I immediately booked the club Arrow. Just a couple of airports I’ve always wanted to hit up there. In no particular order: IA23, KDVT, 4R5, 2P2, Beaver, 6Y3, 5D5, KMGN, KMCD again, KDRM… pictured rocks overflight…

Given all of the rain I’ll probably skip grass runways.

If youre gonna be in the western UP I will probably be at 6Y9 Friday->Monday. There's drain tile under the field so it drains really well, and I've been in and out with a Hershey Bar Arrow no problem.

If youre gonna be in the western UP I will probably be at 6Y9 Friday->Monday. There's drain tile under the field so it drains really well, and I've been in and out with a Hershey Bar Arrow no problem.
Awesome. I’ll send a ping when I’m certain I’ll pass through. Always wanted to hit it.

I’ll send a ping when I’m certain I’ll pass through
Anybody else think of this when you read the above?
TartFilthyBobolink-size_restricted.gif

Might hit up 05C tomorrow for lunch, if'n I don't decide to go to HTL and get some grub.

just checked the menu. Looks reasonable. May have to give it a try. About 1.3 hr flight in the Tiger.

If you're going to Mi Tierra, don't use the menu. When they come to take your order, ask "What's Cookin'?" and the owner/chef will come out, ask you a few questions about what sorts of things you like, and then tell you what he's going to make you. Always fantastic.

This isn't breakfast - but Mason City's famous Third Thursday BBQ is coming up this week. Grills start at 6:00 PM at KMCW. Bring meat for the grill for yourself, and a side dish to share. The weather forecast looks great, so there should be a good turnout tomorrow (August 19th).

No RSVP required; just show up and have fun. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/burgerburn

- Martin

I’m probably hitting Bessies with a buddy early Sunday if anyone is interested in joining.

We will be doing bunches of approaches after.

Well…heading down to Gaston’s area this weekend. So unless weather somehow forces me to Janesville a day late, rain check for me.

Well…heading down to Gaston’s area this weekend. So unless weather somehow forces me to Janesville a day late, rain check for me.
I’d much rather be at Gaston’s. This work only allowing 4 days off a month isn’t conducive to owning a good traveling plane…

Hope y’all have a fun one. We’ve enjoyed our 2 trips there!! Drink an extra home brew for me.

I’m probably hitting Bessies with a buddy early Sunday if anyone is interested in joining.

We will be doing bunches of approaches after.
Dang. Hoping to be in the field this weekend. Finally getting my plane out of annual after a month+ and I won't even have time to fly her :(

I had every intention of making this a monthly gathering, but I had osh in July, 6y9 in August, busy with harvest sep/oct, and now gastons (and STILL harvest) in Nov. We'll have to try and pick a weekend in December.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to come to gastons on Saturday, I'm sure we can figure something out, or maybe even hop over to bpk. They had a decent sized suv courtesy car last time I was there.

Wait, is Gastons -this- weekend (4,5,6) or -next- weekend (12,13,14)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have family in the area so the banker in my house noted it’s cheaper to fly once and stay for a week vs two weekends trips. It sounds suspiciously like less flying (but more warm weather) so I’ll see how it turns out. Friday next we will make the hop from BPK to 3M0.

Dang. Hoping to be in the field this weekend. Finally getting my plane out of annual after a month+ and I won't even have time to fly her :(

I had every intention of making this a monthly gathering, but I had osh in July, 6y9 in August, busy with harvest sep/oct, and now gastons (and STILL harvest) in Nov. We'll have to try and pick a weekend in December.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to come to gastons on Saturday, I'm sure we can figure something out, or maybe even hop over to bpk. They had a decent sized suv courtesy car last time I was there.
Yeah I missed Osh (insert excuse #1) and 6Y9 (insert excuse #2) as well as scrubbing my last two trips in October. So I’m itching to get out some. I’ll be there at Gastons (exact timing unknown), but need some approaches in the books and I hate sims. I’m also good for December - zero trips planned so far :(

I have family in the area so the banker in my house noted it’s cheaper to fly once and stay for a week vs two weekends trips. It sounds suspiciously like less flying (but more warm weather) so I’ll see how it turns out. Friday next we will make the hop from BPK to 3M0.
Fewer flights means fewer 8-hour windows of boredom.

We had a great turnout at 1c5 in December... let's make a plan for January. Fire up those Tanis heaters and bring your cowl plugs.

I'm going to suggest Jan 15 at HUF, Terre Haute, IN's Corsair Cafe. Crappy weather backup date Jan. 22.

Interest? Thoughts?

Last edited:
That’s pretty close for me. I’m in.

Quite possibly in, depending on the time. Need an excuse to get some hours on the repaired engine.

Terre Haute is on eastern time, which always screws me up. Which do you all prefer:
16:00 Zulu
11 Eastern
10 Central

Last edited:
I’m in.

(Standard caveats for club plane being operational, no icing, etc.)

Planes in annual.@laser, are you up for stopping at KPWK for a hitchhiker?

Annual and paint shop are putting my plane out of commission this winter. Sorry guys!

I am a maybe as well for the 15th.

Terre Haute is on eastern time, which always screws me up. Which do you all prefer:
16:00 Zulu
11 Eastern
10 Central

Given we’re a bunch of pilots coming from different time zones, I’d vote for Zulu references.

In my day job I support client on east coast and west coast. I’m going to have to get them on board with “Zulu”. It would make scheduling meetings much easier...

I’ll say a definite possible. Plane going in sometime last couple of weeks for annual.

I'm a possible if I can ever get someone to look at my ignition problem...

We had a great turnout at 1c5 in December... let's make a plan for January. Fire up those Tanis heaters and bring your cowl plugs.

I'm going to suggest Jan 15 at HUF, Terre Haute, IN's Corsair Cafe. Crappy weather backup date Jan. 22.

Interest? Thoughts?
Definite maybe for the 15th. Might actually be able to make that one!

This is your "we just entered the 7 day forecast period and it doesn't look great" bump

I'll be hoping for the backup date in any case. I may be able to finish my condition inspection on Sat, but definitely not in time to fly to breakfast.

Back