T

TheFAAismyfriend

I went to MD over 5 year ago for kidney stone, no kidney stone since

do i put on medical form for 3 class?

Do i put on medical form for 3 class?
What you are asking in "should I lie"?
"18(j): Have you ever in your life.....kidney stone or blood in urine?"

Lie at your own peril. It's an affadavit.
But after 5 years if you have not had a recurrence this is not a problem.

I've had them. Used to have get a KUB every year to see if I was clear. It was a Class II. Quit working and flying for about 10 years. In the meantime I heard about a guy, probably here, who had to get CAT scans. Now CAT scans can see very little stones. Ones that you'll never feel. That's what he had. But because he wasn't 'clear' his medical was denied. When I started flying again, I took a chance and lied. Got away with it. I guess they don't go way back and check previous Medicals. I'm not advocating anybody else do that. Just my story. And I am aware that Kidney Stones ain't funny and can be crippling if you get an 'attack.' I've had so many I know when they are there long before an attack happens and ground myself.

worry I may have stone in my kindey, not moving. I don't want to get xray every year. I can spend that money of more 100LL!

I just need class 3 for me to transfer to BasicMed, then FAA out of my life.

I love FAA, but I Love Flying too

18(j) marked as yes.

Review the AME guide for what documentation is required for Kidney Stones, especially retained stone, obtain from your doctor, bring to medical exam.

Hope like hell the stone doesn’t begin moving while you’re in flight.

worry I may have stone in my kindey, not moving. I don't want to get xray every year. I can spend that money of more 100LL!

I just need class 3 for me to transfer to BasicMed, then FAA out of my life.

I love FAA, but I Love Flying too
You're worried you may have a retained stone, or you have a retained stone? Were you told you have a retained stone?

Report whatc you know; medxpress does not call for speculation, but be truthful.

Yes, you put this on your medical. I'm going to trust that your question was "does it belong on a medical" and not "can I skip it".

You're worried you may have a retained stone, or you have a retained stone? Were you told you have a retained stone?

Next, what Lindberg said. If you do not have a diagnosis of a retained stone, do not mention your fears. If you do have a diagnosis, you must report it.

Referring to the decision criteria, the AME should issue in the office if all you have is a stone > 5 years ago. Or, if you have been diagnosed with a retained stone, you'll be into the CACI (Conditions AME Can Issue) worksheet. Either way, you probably should ask the AME in advance what kind of report or paperwork they want to see related to the stone.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...e/guide/media/kidneystonedispositiontable.pdf

If you cannot meet these criteria, you should not be flying, you should be figuring out why you are producing kidney stones. They can be debilitating. I had a 7mm stone ~7 years ago and I could barely walk or drive...cannot imagine trying to fly. I push water and am very glad there has not been one since.

As most folk here already understand, I DETEST liars and evaders. Why? you can't win @FAA, if you don't say it straight. There is NEARLY always a way. The tenor set by the login name, "the FAA is my Friend" sets the tone.

For a retained stone: that having been said, Even if you have been told you have a retained stone, you can do this, a family doc can do this, print, Take to the doc have him check the boxes and sign. Take to the AME. It does not have to be the Urologist.

If you have a stone remaining, why WOULDN'T you want to know! It's both damaging and potentially crippling.....and the MOST you're going to do on your way to Basic Med, is a KUB X ray (one). Besides your PCP is going to want to know B4 he signs off Basic Med!!

What is your thinkin, here?

Attachments

• CACI(stones.MDsign)11.17.20.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
As most folk here already understand, I DETEST liars and evaders. Why? you can't win @FAA, if you don't say it straight. There is NEARLY always a way. The tenor set by the login name, "the FAA is my Friend" sets the tone.

For a retained stone: that having been said, Even if you have been told you have a retained stone, you can do this, a family doc can do this, print, Take to the doc have him check the boxes and sign. Take to the AME. It does not have to be the Urologist.

If you have a stone remaining, why WOULDN'T you want to know! It's both damaging and potentially crippling.....and the MOST you're going to do on your way to Basic Med, is a KUB X ray (one). Besides your PCP is going to want to know B4 he signs off Basic Med!!

What is your thinkin, here?

not trying to be sneaky or anything like that. I have a KUB and DR note more than 5 years ago saying all clear. I even have the pictures somewhere!

But I wantd to know if I needed to list.

Here is the issue.

I have a long list of items that are not going to deny me a medical but will make the road to medical huge pain.

Since this is covert and not public I will list all my issues

Overweight
Losartan 50mg
Celexa 40mg
Rx for Adderall that was last filled over 8 years ago
kidneystones over 5 years ago

I am on my way to loosing weight and getting in shape.

The celexa was because my wife made me go to the doc because she said I was a jerk, not joking here. She says now I am less of a jerk.

Sounds like a basket case Dr Bruce?

Oh gadxooks.
At a very minimum, since you Celexa is per PCP, you need a psychiatrist to opine. I used to trainPCPs and the only have 3 weeks’ training and FAA knows that. If you’ve been on >5 years, decision path 1 is near impossible. You’d then be talking “on SSRI” pathway. $$s.

adderall...that requires all the records + the FAA Neuro cog evaluation. You are talking 6K here.

HTN is no big deal, note from the doc......

ahhh big hoops to go through

celexa is <2 years.

Adderral is the big one I see

then I need a simple 3rd class, and after that everything is moot point.

I can have all sorts of medical disorders but as long as Dr Feelsgood says I am good, I can fly like a eagle with the basic meds

then I need a simple 3rd class, and after that everything is moot point.

I can have all sorts of medical disorders but as long as Dr Feelsgood says I am good, I can fly like a eagle with the basic meds

“He’s in a flat spin, heading out to sea…”

“…and hopefully flying nowhere near me”

with that he has revealed here about the medical process, I am in doubt about his approach to proper ADM skills.

ahhh big hoops to go through

celexa is <2 years.

Adderral is the big one I see
If you don't need the Celexa, you could elect to discontinue for 60 days and then apply. For that to work, you need the right diagnosis (not severe or recurring) and your physician has to agree you're stable without the med.
And it's not the Adderall, since you're not on it and that won't be disclosed initially, it's the diagnosis that got you the Adderall, which will be disclosed.

Actually the pull downs list ADD as an 18(m) condition....and FAA regards this as LIFELONG so the Neuro cog will you’ll probably need as part of the psychiatry evaluation.....

One of the things the docs were strident about in 2010, was the loss of privacy from Rx insurance codes which was given up in that legislation....FAA can easily see those codes... and it WILL show up in the PCP notes for which ANY AND ALL are required for the post Celexa issuance. NO WAY OUT.

I decided long ago that if a woman required me to medicate myself for her company that her company was in no way desirable. I dread kidney stones, quite a bit of my life is lived in avoidance of them. Monumentally painfully and grounding. The OP sounds royally hosed, and should probably stick to stamp collecting or something else that doesn't involve life and death decisions.

I decided long ago that if a woman required me to medicate myself for her company that her company was in no way desirable. I dread kidney stones, quite a bit of my life is lived in avoidance of them. Monumentally painfully and grounding. The OP sounds royally hosed, and should probably stick to stamp collecting or something else that doesn't involve life and death decisions.

To be fair, that's because you don't need to be medicated. There are a lot of women who are correct and actually looking out for the best interests of their men.

I make life and death decision all the time as volunteer fire fighter

I have a theory that if one partner is an insufferable jerk, the other probably is also. People tend to marry equivalent levels of character and mental health. I have no proof, it’s just an observation.

This of course doesn’t apply to acquired disorders such as dementia.

I have a theory that if one partner is an insufferable jerk, the other probably is also. People tend to marry equivalent levels of character and mental health. I have no proof, it’s just an observation.
One who's veracity I could truly and fervently wish.

This of course doesn’t apply to acquired disorders such as dementia.
what about them dudes that beat their old ladies?

they still jerks

I have worse names than that to call them.

By the way, there are also “old ladies” who beat their men. I sat on a jury that convicted one of them when she went too far and he died.

that's victim shaming

I'd say not really. They did pick them unless they were party to an arranged marriage or something of that sort. If a person is a bad judge of character, they're going to have to deal with the consequences of that, and I don't see how it's victim shaming to say that if someone today is married to a jerk, it's at least partly their own fault.

I'd say not really. They did pick them unless they were party to an arranged marriage or something of that sort. If a person is a bad judge of character, they're going to have to deal with the consequences of that, and I don't see how it's victim shaming to say that if someone today is married to a jerk, it's at least partly their own fault.

that basically the definition of victim shaming, not saying it's right, but it is what it is

that's victim shaming

The term “victim shaming” seems to have been invented for the purpose of shaming not the victim, but people who point out the mistakes victims make which lead them to their fate. Being a bad judge of character is nothing to be ashamed of. There are many reasons a person ends up with an abuser that aren’t the victim’s fault, such as economic necessity, or history of childhood abuse. There may even be subconscious atavistic reasons people are attracted to violent partners. None of that changes the fact that the person chose the abuser and continues to choose not to leave them. It’s not helpful to ignore that reality, because that is the only power they actually have.

The term “victim shaming” seems to have been invented for the purpose of shaming not the victim, but people who point out the mistakes victims make which lead them to their fate. Being a bad judge of character is nothing to be ashamed of. There are many reasons a person ends up with an abuser that aren’t the victim’s fault, such as economic necessity, or history of childhood abuse. There may even be subconscious atavistic reasons people are attracted to violent partners. None of that changes the fact that the person chose the abuser and continues to choose not to leave them. It’s not helpful to ignore that reality, because that is the only power they actually have.

There is a thing called Stockholm syndrome...it's showns in the kids movie Beauty and the Beast

that basically the definition of victim shaming, not saying it's right, but it is what it is

Then I guess to me victim shaming is totally different. In my world, victim shaming is saying that a 10 year old girl who was sexually abused by her father is responsible for that action of her father and she should have acted differently so he wouldn't have done that. Or saying that someone who was driving perfectly legally and got in a car accident from a drunk that crossed centerline should have made better choices that day. I guess in my opinion, there's a lot of people who are victims of their own choices, and that's the first and foremost cause of their other problems. It's not "victim-shaming" to tell the drunk that crossed centerline that it's his own damn fault that his car is wrecked. It is to tell that little girl that it's her fault. It's not victim shaming to tell someone whose spouse is being a jerk that maybe they should have looked a little longer before they leapt. It is to tell that someone with a jerk as a spouse that it's all their fault that other person is a jerk and they should have done something different so that person wasn't a jerk. Small delineation but I think a very important one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back