Salty's Crash Speculation Thread

Salty, maybe some additional pics would give us some more things to say. Got any?
I just found this one on a news article about this crash, it appears the front fell off.
uHNn5xc.png

only if fuel levels are below 8 gallons.

Could be a glimmer of an explanation. Pretty common to slip on final, and if fuel is getting a little low (like when you need a fuel stop),.....

When it’s peach pickin’ time in Georgia,
Orange pickin’ time in Florida,...

Could be a glimmer of an explanation. Pretty common to slip on final, and if fuel is getting a little low (like when you need a fuel stop),.....

When it’s peach pickin’ time in Georgia,
Orange pickin’ time in Florida,...

But if you are slipping, you are too high, that prop stops, you stop the slip. Salty is keeping us waiting, but I'm thinking mechanical failure.

Which of you "Beautiful Minds" will tie this to one of the infinite "Hey so I smoke a shedload of pot, guzzle booze, and do a line every thursday, what's up with my medical lol?" anonymous threads?
Someone will: Just wait for them to get back from QuikTrip with a suitcase of Old Milwaukee and six jumbo sized bags of Spicy Doritos.

Fist glad your ok. Now the real story. He was leaving taco Tuesday at x06 and was overcome by the emissions caused by Jose’s burritos.

By Odin THAT was @Salty! I had no idea! Glad to hear you're OK dude. Sounds like you handled it like a pro. Didn't hurt to have that Mooney roll cage on your side. Get everything written down soon, our memory of the event will fade quickly. Trauma and all. Hope they can make your Mooney all better.

And to answer a question, yes if you're low enough gas you can unport the engine in a slip.

Everyone else has squeezed out the good jokes
I don't know about that. I bet you can think of some more if you Concentrate.
The plane sure was beat to a Pulp though.

I will post more real info eventually, but it feels weird to do it this early because I do not know the cause yet, maybe never will, but saying even that is premature.

The Faa and Ntsb are involved due to it being significant damage to the aircraft, but I don’t know yet what the next steps are.

I will post more real info eventually, but it feels weird to do it this early because I do not know the cause yet, maybe never will, but saying even that is premature.

The Faa and Ntsb are involved due to it being significant damage to the aircraft, but I don’t know yet what the next steps are.

I think you will find the issue. If you don't then it was probably something like carb ice, or even a fuel port uncovered. They will probably go through the engine if you can't give them plausible reason, which it sounds like you can't.

Don't rush for us, we are just having fun, hopefully not too much at your expense.

Welcome to the engine failure with Pax aboard club. As in my case, no harm to people is always the best part of the bad experience.

Cheers

Probably wise. I was surprised how much they looked into my "emergency" which was just a rough running engine. I made mention to the mechanic that I had taken off accidentally on one mag a week earlier, thinking maybe I fouled a plug; a couple days later the FSDO calls and wanted to know all about it. They had gotten that out of the mechanic and wanted to know how it happened and how I was going to prevent it in the future. Questioned me about hours in the plane and checklist usage during the engine roughness event as well. They were friendly enough, but didn't pull any punches.

As much as we all want to know, my advice is don't talk about it for now until things are settled. We'll all just keep speculating and making orange jokes.

Everyone else has squeezed out the good jokes, but glad you guys are OK.
Nah. On the citrusy side of things, no ones done Limes yet. Limes, Salty?? C'mon now, run with it..........some one drug Jose into this, yeah, it was burritos. But what about that other Jose dude. You know, Cuervo

As much as we all want to know, my advice is don't talk about it for now until things are settled. We'll all just keep speculating and making orange jokes.
I agree. Telling your side of the story in public before the dust settles is a bad idea. You could say that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

I agree, I don't see much harm in stating a few facts like "There was fuel tanks", but as to what a happened and why you did what you did I would keep to the discussion off the public forums until well after things settle down.

Brian

I agree. Telling your side of the story in public before the dust settles is a bad idea. You could say that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

Since nobody was hurt, the only risk is the farmer who owns the orange trees sues you for damages, probably unlikely.

I agree, I don't see much harm in stating a few facts like "There was fuel tanks", but as to what a happened and why you did what you did I would keep to the discussion off the public forums until well after things settle down.

Brian

I wouldn't touch it if I was him. An unintentional discrepancy between what he writes here and what he tells them or what they find in their investigation, and his derriere' could be in the wringer. Probably not, but I wouldn't take the chance.

I'm very glad everyone made it out of the grove without major injuries.

But, ya know, there are less expensive juicers on the market.

Fortunately Salty and his better half were not reduced to pulp.

give it your best shot...

Oh my darlin' those were Clementine oranges! (I know this is really reaching).

Breaking News. In an example of The Butterfly Effect, a Florida pilot was the 'straw that broke the camels back' and sent the Orange Futures Market into a tailspin. Said pilot did not actually spin his airplane in the incident that 'crashed' the market.

Breaking News. In an example of The Butterfly Effect, a Florida pilot was the 'straw that broke the camels back' and sent the Orange Futures Market into a tailspin. Said pilot did not actually spin his airplane in the incident that 'crashed' the market.

Here's a picture of Salty on one of his many rides back to his plane:
tradingplaces35th2717.jpg

Seriously, though, as an owner if an M20C, I'll be interested in the details. Glad you got it down without serious injury.

Back