Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

It’s the “abort” command sequence for the standard UNIX edit program (vi). ESC gets you out of other modes, : is to enter a command, the a command is to quit and the ! Means suppress warning gas and do it.

Programmers are lazy and would rather memorize arcane command ms like this than type things out.
And to add (perhaps useless) detail, quit without saving the changes.

Bro - do you even geek?

programmerhumor-io-linux-memes-programming-memes-89cf8cf3a371e33.jpg

Until a few years ago, I signed my name keVIn. Nobody got it and I gave up.

emacs=evil.

I've been working in IT for a long time, I'm typing this on a dual boot Windows/Linux laptop, and Unix/Linux guys make me feel like I'm a lumberjack.

So the gang went on a hunting trip up to the cabin in the woods. Now Bob was a notorious snorer and it was decided that no one would have to bunk with him the whole trip so they took turns. First morning Steve comes down with bloodshot eyes looking like something the cat just drug in. How'd it go Steve? Man, that guy sounded like a chain saw all night. All I could do was just stay up all night and watch him snore. Next morning, same thing with Bill. Third morning, Jack comes down bright eyed and bushy tailed. So how'd it go Jack? I tucked Bob in and gave him a pat on the butt. He stayed up all night watching me sleep.

I think that's a prank. It doesn't look like any gas hose I've ever seen. I think someone fitted a gas nozzle on a garden hose.

No youngins are going to recognize this Valiant movie.
And some oldins aren't going to recognize it either. At first. Until they google it. Then slap themselves upside the head and say "oh yeah, that one, I remember now." Brb, I need to go get an aspirin, I hurt myself.

The car in the movie was a Plymouth valiant

ah. Thank you. I figured the truck was from the movie "Duel"... I just didn't remember the make/model of the car.

and was directed by Steven Spielberg. It's one of those movies that I never set out to watch, but if I happen upon it while channel surfing, I end up watching for half an hour.

Wow, yes I remember that movie! It’s been what a few decades since I’ve seen it or even thought about it.

Mmmmm...not, I don't remember it. I'm not even close to a young'en.

Back