NOTAMS and Restricted Areas By NOTAM On ForeFlight???

Pilot101

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot101
Hi All.

How does one (me) obtain NOTAMS of the various MOA and Restricted areas via ForeFlight or some kind of other online means? I tap the MOA in ForeFlight and it says "or other times by NOTAM" and that is great however how do I find out...without using the radio...to determine if the airspace in question is "hot" or not?

Any input/ help/ strange looks/ assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS!!!

Daleandee,

THANKS for the link. Appreciate the help!!!

I suggested to ForeFlight that they would develop a feature that I tell FF what time I am going to takeoff and it then will project the approximate time I would be
flying by that MOA and FF would cause a warning of just the hot NOTAMS as opposed to just showing all of them on the sectional.

One of the problems with an automated system like that is that MOAs and RA's are only hot when being used. Sometimes missions are changed, cancelled or delayed with very short notice. The automated system wouldn't know that because most of the time those areas aren't activated until the flight plan is activated for the mil flights that are using the area.

I imagine this would be a significant expenditure of time/money to develop yet you would still have to contact ATC to find out if it's actually hot or not. Why not just call them anyway? It's free and available. :dunno:

One nice thing about that map is you can check it a week in advance and get a feel for whether your route is really better on a weekend.

It is a good tool and I have used it. In flight it's very easy to ask the controller about the status of the MOAs.

I was looking for a similar tool for Restricted Areas. I'm looking for the details on R-4007, but can't seem to find them online, even using the tool above.

Back