A different place to quarantine

But she was wearing mask and was double vaccinated? My takeaway is, keep your mouth shut too.

beat the lock!

was the seat more comfortable?

at least no 400lb passenger in the seat next to her...

Not giving CNN the traffic.

I’ll summarize.

She tests herself constantly. Apparently carries around many test kits everywhere she goes. Before the flight she took two PCR tests and five rapid tests. All negative. That’s testing herself seven times before the flight. During the flight she “started to feel a sore throat”, tested herself again, and it was positive. She panicked, crying hysterically, told the crew, and they confined her to the lav for the rest of the flight - three hours.

Upon landing they tested her again and she was positive and so was quarantined for ten days but apparently wasn’t very sick, said it was an “easy experience”.

so awesome that she had so many test kits.

Lord, if you take the 'risk' to get out of the house, live with the outcome. I bet half the people on this forum has had it. I have. It was a long 3 weeks of sleeping all the time but was no worse than the flu for me.

I'm over commercial and going to buy a plane after being out of flying for almost 25 years.

Thank goodness the FA was quick thinking in this dire emergency. Probably saved all the passengers and crew from having to duct tape her to her seat.
FIFY.

based on your summary (I didn’t read either article), I’d guess the FA put her in the lav more for her own comfort than anything else.

Fox says it was four hours in the lav. Somebody is lying. Coin toss between Fox and CNN. They probably both are.

Quote: “She said she informed a quick-thinking flight attendant,”

Thank goodness the FA was quick thinking in this dire emergency. Probably saved all the passengers and crew from certain death.
I think the flight attendant did a great job locking the crazy person in the lav for the remainder of the flight. Kept her contained and out of play for the duration.

Fox says it was four hours in the lav. Somebody is lying. Coin toss between Fox and CNN. They probably both are.

Quote: “She said she informed a quick-thinking flight attendant,”

Thank goodness the FA was quick thinking in this dire emergency. Probably saved all the passengers and crew from certain death.

Yeah, I chuckled at the quick thinking FA bit. But the entire story was just weird. Both her and the FA actions or reactions were a little oddball.

I wonder if she's a hypochondriac about other things too...

There were times I would have welcomed sitting in the lav instead of between the two sumo wrestlers that barely fit in their seats....

10384614_524261637704871_2058825814162064121_n.jpg

Last edited:
There were times I would have welcomed sitting in the lav instead of between the two sumo wrestlers that barely fit in their seats....

I was thinking the same thing. The lav is no more claustrophobic than the whole sealed up tube in the first place. And yes there is more arm and leg room in there than back in coach or economy or whatever they call it these days.

good thing the FAA bumped up the average passenger weight

They haven't locked this yet? Must have the day off.

I was flying from DFW to San Jose in 1994. I was not next to them, but we had some WWF wrestlers on board. They bought extra seats for themselves.

I am surprised that the lady in the lavatory was able to leave her house, much less get on an airplane.

“ Folks we’ll be making 8 fuel stops today enroute to our destination ”

really stressing the landing gear and tires...

Looks like it could be a zero fuel weight issue as well.

Dispatcher I used to work with: can you do this trip? We have eight passengers, and their combined actual weight is <about 350 pounds more than my ZFW allows>.

me: no, it exceeds the zero fuel weight limit. I can’t take them.

Dispatcher: Can you do it with a fuel stop?

I see people walking around NY all the time who are double masked outdoors. I gave up trying to figure out the logic in that.

Seems she was quite busy with all the social media stuff and now she has her story on several networks. All that's left is a promotional "story telling" tour, a best seller book on Amazon, and a made for TV movie ... :goofy:

The lady is a bit over the top. I thought the wife and I were a bit overly covid phobic. We are both fully vaccinated and boosted. Still, we both wear our masks when in confined spaces with people that we do not know the status of. But we have each only had one covid test and that was in late 2020 after she had a slight cough and became worried. We both tested negative. We have not sought a test since. Regardless, we do not hold a candle to this lady. She is on a totally different level. Still, I’d rather see people be over the top with their precautions, no matter how extreme, than to see people taking no precautions whatsoever.

I wash my hands a lot and don’t get close to people obviously sick. Pretty much what I’ve always done.

Feels like people are more afraid of the social stigma than the disease.

... Still, I’d rather see people be over the top with their precautions, no matter how extreme, than to see people taking no precautions whatsoever.

"no matter how extreme"?

hyperbole? I hope.

Back