206B Helicopter Crash

I’m really not a fan of the photos they chose to include in that article.

I was surprised too by the photo of hauling a guy out in a stretcher. Poor taste.
Good to see some survivors though. Pilot Must have some something to try to land it somewhat safely. Helo crashed don’t fair well

Pilot Must have some something to try to land it somewhat safely. Helo crashed don’t fair well
It's my understanding he was autorotating toward a clearing but clipped a tree with the M/R. Unfortunately, in those circumstances with low rotor inertia it can cause the fuselage to roll and land on its side or roof vs straight down on the gear. Without the tree hit they could have very well all walked away with a story to tell. Very unfortunate.

Last edited:
I was surprised too by the photo of hauling a guy out in a stretcher. Poor taste.
Good to see some survivors though. Pilot Must have some something to try to land it somewhat safely. Helo crashed don’t fair well
When I was doing free-lance photography, I'd shoot everything, and send it off, for an editor to decide what to show. That picture wasn't all that gruesome, but it's not something I would have included in the published story, unless I knew that person survived.

"Preliminarily, the helicopter is believed to have had a mechanical failure causing it to plunge back to earth. "

:rolleyes:

Back