Daily Pic

I wasn’t at the controls but….

35feaaf6a8cac4e216b47e91d2110f90.jpg

Why does that look like Microsoft flight simulator?? LOL ;)

BEKPFEVPDDRDSCXJGAMGJXXXHY.jpg From what I read, his female passenger threw up after exiting the aircraft. Guess she was sick of his ADM and radio technique.

Last edited:
Did some flying in the frozen river bottoms last night. Did landings at 2 airports both ways as the wind was calm. Saw 7°f and 1 kt of wind at 2500'. The plane performs great at these temps with just me and dog with low fuel tanks.

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

The ground was frozen which made it rougher than normal.
IMG_1278.JPG

Last edited:
Then did a few passes and landings at leebottom, my "home' turf airport.
IMG_1287.JPG

It was almost dark and did a few fly overs to scare away wild life, fun when you can fly low.
IMG_1291.JPG

You can see my landing light. I am about 10' off the ground at about 130 mph taken crappy pictures!
IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

Going to be a 95° day at lee bottom this day. Park under the tree for shade until about noontime.
IMG_0748.JPG

Last edited:
Checkout the performance, it's a fresh H2AD 320 with a power flow exhaust and challenger air filter. Has a maple leaf exhaust fairing. It always does pretty good even better when it's this cold as you all know.
IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

Last edited:
The cold weather is always fun to watch the performance! Love the pictures, that is a beautiful plane!

You can see my landing light. I am about 10' off the ground at about 130 mph taken crappy pictures!
Dang! You’ve got a bigger set of balls than I do to try and be taking pictures during a low pass! :eek:

View attachment 103503 View attachment 103504 View attachment 103504 View attachment 103503 Just landed from a afternoon flight right before the rain and took these pictures.It was light rain and the temperature was 33 then 30! I headed back to my airport 15 miles away.

This is a 186’ long ship that was built in 1902. It has a long history and was used in both WWars. Thomas Edison worked on this ship.

I think I might have seen a documentary on that thing. maybe. if it's the same one I'm thinking of...

Just landed from a afternoon flight right before the rain and took these pictures.It was light rain and the temperature was 33 then 30! I headed back to my airport 15 miles away.

This is the USS Sachem, a 186’ long ship that was built in 1902. It has a long history and was used in both WW Wars. Thomas Edison worked on this ship.
A local man bought it in 1987 in New York and "sailed" it to this little creek in N Kentucky near Petersburg. I think they used a small back up motor to get it here. The main motor had already been removed? The ship was stripped bare before being sold. it was in very brief Madonna video while it was being prepared for the journey to N Ky.
Been sitting here ever since. Owner passed away in 2006. Can only see it from the air during the winter.
IMG_1313.JPG

Last edited:
Back