Myrtle Beach pireps

Kitch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kitch
Thinking about a few days in SC next week. Any pireps on which airport to use CRE or MYR. Places to stay, eat, and things to do besides nothing for a few days.

lol funny, I was thinking of doing the same thing. my personal preference is CRE for convenience, but @RDUPilot is a MYR pro. can't go wrong with either one.

Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes. Quiet, clean, beautiful beach in front. Nice restaurants near by. Close to CRE.

I went to Myrtle last month. It seems to me that MYR is practically on the strip, so it might be better for ground transportation. CRE seemed to me like a hike. I prefer flying into CRE though. Last time I flew up that way I was issued IAP clearance from practically Georgetown.

I went to Myrtle last month. It seems to me that MYR is practically on the strip, so it might be better for ground transportation. CRE seemed to me like a hike. I prefer flying into CRE though. Last time I flew up that way I was issued IAP clearance from practically Georgetown.

if you're GOING to myrtle, yeah, it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to fly into NORTH myrtle.

the over-water approach into MYR is fantastic.

Just depends where you are going on the grand strand.. You cant go wrong with either airport.
I frequent MYR because the Admiral aka the wife favorite resort/hotel is in MYR and when i golf down there, the courses are there too.

Both FBO’s are owned by the same folks.. Beach Aviation. Both are easy to get into.. Some jet traffic at Myrtle, but IMO a non-issue.

MYR is a charlie and reverts to an Echo late nights. CRE is a delta and reverts to an Echo typically after 6pm.

Thanks for all the good info. Unfortunately we have to postpone the trip for this week.

Thanks for all the good info. Unfortunately we have to postpone the trip for this week.

Too bad, it’s a great week to be here

6fd97d4408c2e062ec67b29ea9214afe.jpg

Too bad, it’s a great week to be here

6fd97d4408c2e062ec67b29ea9214afe.jpg

Of course it is... The weather in the northeast is terrible this week... time to get my a$$ in gear and get that instrument rating

Back