SE Pre-Christmas Burger Fly-in 2021 (12-11-21)

Forecasts look nasty all day tomorrow, unfortunately! Let’s try the 18th!

I knew this was going happen

I have a good idea........why don't we just pick a day with good weather?

58284528.jpg

I'm out for the 18th. With the planned runway closure, I'll be scuba diving in Florida.

crap.. i just saw this. well tomorrow is IFR anyway. as on today I am in for 18th

@RyanB Just found this thread after randomly thinking about jumping on the forum (haven't posted in almost a year :eek:)...think this is the 4th or 5th time you've tagged me on these yearly threads and I haven't received a notification for any ;) ... I'm out for the 18th, have a flight scheduled going even further South. Ya'll have fun.

@RyanB Just found this thread after randomly thinking about jumping on the forum (haven't posted in almost a year :eek:)...think this is the 4th or 5th time you've tagged me on these yearly threads and I haven't received a notification for any ;) ... I'm out for the 18th, have a flight scheduled going even further South. Ya'll have fun.

Whacha been up to?

Tagging a bunch of people doesn’t seem to work well but we still try. I cleaned up the list the other day, let’s see what happens next time with fewer people on the list but I don’t think the forum software likes tagging a bunch of people.

Whacha been up to?

Tagging a bunch of people doesn’t seem to work well but we still try. I cleaned up the list the other day, let’s see what happens next time with fewer people on the list but I don’t think the forum software likes tagging a bunch of people.

May have to break the list up into smaller chunks and make multiple posts with shorter lists.

May have to break the list up into smaller chunks and make multiple posts with shorter lists.

we tried a bunch of different ways, none of them notified all members.

FYI, I dropped a bunch of people from the list (haven't posted the updated list yet). a few peeps who just never show but I also went thru the list of names I don't recall having seen them post in a while. when I look up their usernames, they don't show up so I deleted them from the list. it's down to a little over 50 names now but in googling, there is a limitation on the xenforo software that the mods 'might' be able to adjust to increase the # of people who get notified.

mods, does this sound right? from googling, Admin CP > Users > Group Permissions > [Choose User Group] > General Permissions > Maximum mention alerts per message

that was from an old post so I'm not sure if the location is the same anymore.

the other thing is, some people may have their settings set to not allow notifications when tagged, but I'm pretty sure it's the control setting above causing it cause we've tested and some people say they get the notification one time but not another, and it's kind of random where you are on the list. it didn't seem to be the first x# of people on the list.

mods, does this sound right? from googling, Admin CP > Users > Group Permissions > [Choose User Group] > General Permissions > Maximum mention alerts per message
Cool! I just changed the value to ‘Unlimited’. It was set on 5 before… that might explain it. Try it again now. :)

Tapatalk notified me I was mentioned.

Wayne

I got a notification this time around, I don’t think I got any when the first post was done, it I could be wrong on that

I got the notification this time. WX has been doo doo here all night and morning. In for the 18th.

Back