E-175 passenger 120v power

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was on a trip (as a pax) last weekend and could not figure out this receptacle offered between the seats, advertised as 120v available to all.
(All I wanted to do was plug in my clothes iron and toaster oven)
It did not look like the usual 15-5 nema receptacle.

1E5DCD1E-EDC6-45B2-9C03-E8ABACD2E1E2.jpeg

I haven't seen one of those, but it might be an attempt at a universal receptical. I can visualize US or EU plugs fitting (though the voltage is wrong for them). Maybe even UK and AU plugs, though I'd need a closer look. Does pressing on the button (by inserting a plug) slightly above center retract the covers that seem to be over the two horizontal slots?

It supports a variety of different (international) plugs. A regular US 5-15 plug fill fit fine in the vertical part of the two t-slits and the upper part of the woman-shaped slot at the bottom.

Cool thanks
It’s in a place (next to your calf) which makes seeing while attempting insertion largely impossible (for the average adult, seated next to a stranger)

Glad you asked because I learned some new info from the replies, but also surprised others haven't seen this before, they're on just about every commercial flight I get on.

Cool thanks
It’s in a place (next to your calf) which makes seeing while attempting insertion largely impossible (for the average adult, seated next to a stranger)
Why do you think the Staggerwing fuel valve(s), with up to six tanks in the system, are located on the right side wall, below the skirt level?

Let’s see….. unrecognized receptacle, potential for conflagration considering available power - should I blindly jab my male part at it, hoping for no shower of sparks?
Nope. Never done that, in either situation!

110….120….whatever it takes.

Cool thanks

Isn't that when you just spit on it and hope for the best?

Back