Ifly gps?

Thanx Dale, I did do that and got it on my Wi-Fi network at home. The issue I'm having is it won't sync with my Stratus ESG w/3i ADSB in/out Transponder. The iPad with ForeFlight worked ok with the Stratus but I cannot get the iFLY 740b to work. The options are Auto-Detect, Stratus v1 & Stratus III and I've tried them all.View attachment 92824

Just curious if you ever found a resolution to this.

I'm currently trying to get my iFly 740b to send to my Trio auto pilot. Been through every step several times. I have an older Garmin 196 that feeds the required NMEA information to the auto pilot but for some reason the iFly will not. I cannot get it to bring up the required screen for setting the NMEA through the serial (USB) output. I did get an on screen message that noted there was an address conflict but I have no way to resolve that.

So, I have an RMA number to return it to Adventure Pilot after the holidays to see if they can figure out what the problem is.

Just curious if you ever found a resolution to this.

I'm currently trying to get my iFly 740b to send to my Trio auto pilot. Been through every step several times. I have an older Garmin 196 that feeds the required NMEA information to the auto pilot but for some reason the iFly will not. I cannot get it to bring up the required screen for setting the NMEA through the serial (USB) output. I did get an on screen message that noted there was an address conflict but I have no way to resolve that.

So, I have an RMA number to return it to Adventure Pilot after the holidays to see if they can figure out what the problem is.
If you have time, try downloading the "ADSB Monitor" app on the play store... Try switching the stratus unit to open mode there... See if it works with your Android and thus corrects the address issue...

It is supposed to make avare work with the club's stratus equipped 172.. I admit I haven't tried it yet... But if it sends the info to avare, it may to ifly if it does that, ifly may send to your autopilot....

Just a WAG here, trying to help.
220b2cdb863a74569469742c8e7f1da9.jpg

If you have time, try downloading the "ADSB Monitor" app on the play store... Try switching the stratus unit to open mode there... See if it works with your Android and thus corrects the address issue...

I currently have the iFly reading ADSB info from my ECHO UAT unit and it works flawlessly. The set up for sending information to the autopilot from the iFly is through the USB port using a USB to serial cable sold by iFly. The NMEA info is sent out on pin three with pin five as a ground. When wiring my older Garmin into the AP this works as it should but the 740b isn't sending the information (I can see the pulses from the Garmin with a multi-meter). A friend has an older 720 iFly unit and it won't connect either although iFly has a video on you tube showing how it's done.

FWIW ... I do get a the stratus WiFi screen but it should also give the option for the serial connection. But that screen doesn't appear like they show in the video. I have my Garmin wired into the AP now for flight test purposes. I'll see what iFly comes up with after the holidays.

Thank you for the reply. :)

I did the iFly trial, and while it is a nice product, it did not offer substantially more value than my current products. My primary is DroidEFB and backup is FltPlan Go. Both of these products can be installed on multiple (unlimited) devices. I keep them on two tablets and my phone. iFly can be installed on only 2 devices unless you upgrade your subscription.

Back