Anyone around Campbellsville KY that has intimate knowledge of Comanche aircraft. Need a pre buy.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Don't all jump at once. I know if you hear Campbellsville, everyone is going to come running.

Given its lack of proximity to lesser known cities, like Lexington, Owensboro, Louisville, and just name a town and its likely that Campbellsville will be the point of reference. Dude they have a Mr. Gatti's so... Bigtime.

So I flew a seemingly solid 250 there yesterday that is in my price range and I would like to get someone that knows the quirks with the plane to put their eyes on it. I understand the landing gear on these if not maintained, can become a financial nightmare (Also a landing nightmare but lets focus on what hurts more.)

Logbooks seem to show good maintenance history. It has sat a little here and there 10+ years ago but in the last 4-5 years, has flown consistently. If it were a Grumman, given the information I have and what I know of the planes, I would buy it but I don't know what I don't know.

So if there is anyone (A&P) in the area that is intimately familiar with the planes, I would like to get their eyes on it so I can ensure that my family will be as safe as the pilot flying and that I will get an appropriate number of looks from the ladies in this particular aircraft.

I do have a couple other resources scouting the area for some help but given the popularity of Campbellsville, I suspect any A&Ps in the area are going to be tied up with all the other goings on in that city.

20211203_101139.jpg

1.jpg

Bryan, since the owner will fly it to the pre buy expand the search to the cities of Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati and Nashville all of which are an easy flight from Campbellsville.

Call George Richmond. He’s your guy for Comanches. PM me if you want his email or number.

Another blue and white airplane??;)

She's purdy at first glance.

1st upgrade........tip tanks.

This one has aux tanks in the wings. 90 Gallons!
If this plane works out, I may add them eventually as it gives 200 lbs more useful load and 125 Gallons. I think that gets me at least half way to Hawaii.

A little over half as good as a mooney for a little more than twice the price! Awesome choice!

Just kidding. Mostly. ;) Comanche is a good choice for your mission. Not as good as a Mooney, but we can't all be perfect.

A little over half as good as a mooney for a little more than twice the price! Awesome choice!

Just kidding. Mostly. ;) Comanche is a good choice for your mission. Not as good as a Mooney, but we can't all be perfect.

I tried Mooney and Bonanza and neither we're going to work for me.
I need the pickup truck for a few years then I will likely swap out for an RV or something else fun.

Don’t kid yourself. It’s still a little tiny Comanche.

I wouldn't buy it. There are no N numbers so it's probably stolen! LOL

Having flown the Traveler (I instruct in one) & Comanche's I think that will be a great fit for you.

I wouldn't buy it. There are no N numbers so it's probably stolen! LOL

Having flown the Traveler (I instruct in one) & Comanche's I think that will be a great fit for you.

Thanks, Knowing I was going to sell the Traveler, I flew a lot of planes. And I keep coming back to the Comanche.
The traveler solved all of our missions until about a year ago. The PA-24 gives us 45 more kts and 300 more lbs. Plus a baggage compartment and elbow room.

The only slightly negative I have to say about Comanche's is the size of the windshield. I've flown both the single & twin versions & when banking it seems like the upward visibility through the turn is quite obstructed. You're really going to notice it coming from a Traveler with a panoramic windshield. Not a real big though.

Happy to hear you're going down the Comanche road, Bryan. It's a seriously undervalued and great flying airplane. When you get one, if you ever end up in PA I'll trade you a Skybolt ride for a Comanche ride.

I speak pretty fair Comanche and can travel. Best to start with a logbook review. If that is reasonable, then the physical inspection. Most of the no-goes I find are on the logbook review, saving the cost of travel and whatnot for the physical inspection. PM if you want more information.

Back