What are you flying?

1959 C172. Nice flying updated craft that suits all my needs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635104634580.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635104634580.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 26
Pics... or it doesn't count.

Sure, dropping in over the proverbial 50ft trees at the Windwood Fly-in Resort:

original.jpg

What am I flying... that depends. A work day? B-737. On days off, could be my RV-8 (owned) or T-28D (own 1/5 share). Could also be a T-6/SNJ. Maybe a Twin Beech. Or a C-47. B-17G perhaps. And I'm pretty new to flying the SB2C Helldiver. Nope, I don't own those, just lucky to be able to fly 'em. The hardest part of keeping all that straight is when I key the mic to call ground for taxi... WTF airplane and tail number is this??

I'm currently renting time in a Cessna 150F and in the process of getting checked out in a Cessna 172L from a flight school. All of the clubs nearby have waiting lists right now.

Fingers crossed ... in the next year I'll purchase my first aircraft. Currently thinking a simple four-place with a useful load around 1000 pounds: Skyhawk, or Cherokee, or Tiger, etc. But I really need this crazy market to calm down. Pretty please? Just for me.

@Grum.Man genuinely curious. Does it get tiresome having ATC ask "Full callsign?" Constantly or do you not get that?

@Grum.Man genuinely curious. Does it get tiresome having ATC ask "Full callsign?" Constantly or do you not get that?
I usually only talk to ATC when on an IFR flight plan so I don’t get it often. The filing code is VTUR which I ALWAYS get asked about.

A 1991 F33a and loving every minute of it. I think it is a fantastic airplane that checks all my boxes. That said my wife and I take time every year to pay homage to the pretty da62 at Oshkosh.20210723_175639 (2).jpg

A 1991 F33a and loving every minute of it. I think it is a fantastic airplane that checks all my boxes. That said my wife and I take time every year to pay homage to the pretty da62 at Oshkosh.
I recognize those cruddy hangars and pavement; you based at Houston Hooks?

And I'm pretty new to flying the SB2C Helldiver.
How do you like flying that one? My favorite part of the Navy training video is where the instructor is telling all the new pilots how they'll never be able to trim the airplane for hands off flight.

My "traveling" days are over. If I need to "go" anywhere I can take the Cherokee 160. I've been flying Cubs for the last 5 or 6 years, but I finally bought myself a 1948 PA-17, something a little more comfortable than the J3, (but not much), a little faster (but not much), and with longer legs, 2.5 hrs instead of 1.5 hrs. It also gives me something to tinker with when it's too crummy to fly.
IMG_20211102_092056196.jpg

RV-8A for the past couple years. It’s a blast to fly, great all-around performer except in the payload and passenger comfort departments. Previously had a 172, and considering going back to one, or maybe a Cardinal. That way I can take a couple friends, and my regular passenger can sit alongside and have some more room.

Fast is fun, but I don’t really go anywhwre far enough away that it’ll make enough difference to matter. Not aure that acro is for me, ao that is a wash when it comes to plane selection.

If I had some more bucks sitting around, I’d get an RV-10.

Powerball? MD-500, and a Netjets membership for travelling.

Work…da little guy.
View attachment 102381

Play. Most likely sell both within 5 years and go Glasair III.

View attachment 102388

View attachment 102387

Yes! Other than that strange kitchen appliance looking thing in pic 1 that erroneously made it into a flying thread, you're my spirit animal broffesor! G-III is where it's at! You're gonna look good on it too, that plane makes everyone look cool.

*tells himself, I love my wife and kid, I love my wife and kid...ooo Glasair III *cough* I love my wife and kid...* :D

Currently a 2006 SR22 G2.

Love to fly something burning JetA and pressurized, but that's not in the budget; I've seen some I could buy, but $1,000/hr, and up, is just too much.

Wayne

What am I flying... that depends. A work day? B-737. On days off, could be my RV-8 (owned) or T-28D (own 1/5 share). Could also be a T-6/SNJ. Maybe a Twin Beech. Or a C-47. B-17G perhaps. And I'm pretty new to flying the SB2C Helldiver. Nope, I don't own those, just lucky to be able to fly 'em. The hardest part of keeping all that straight is when I key the mic to call ground for taxi... WTF airplane and tail number is this??

Looks like fun. How is that beast?

Our club has a pair of 172s and a 182. I fly those.

A C-172N, C-182P and a C-172P
DSC05035.JPG DSC05034.JPG IMGP1110.JPG

Last edited:
Back