Great Lakes/Midwest Breakfast 04DEC2021

masloki

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Nunya
@kaiser Cool Beard Guy mentioned travel and rental availability had his next flight Dec. 4. That seems like a good day as any to grab some food. Let's say 10 AM at 1C5, Charlies. Rain/snow date Dec. 11.

@Jim K, @NealRomeoGolf, @EdFred, @baboss, @Radar Contact, @Martin Pauly, @cowman, @455 Bravo Uniform, @midwestpa24, @Bill, @RyanB, @X3 Skier, @Skyrys62, @crash7, @Stingray Don, @rwellner98, @flyingcheesehead , @ktup-flyer , @Mtns2Skies , @Initial Fix , @Rcmutz, @Sinistar, @Huckster79, @keen9, @Doug States @bbchien

I'm in. Hopefully I have my magnetos back by then....

I might be in. Our community has a big nativity festival that weekend and right now I'm only committed to that Sunday for volunteering.

Btw, I've been to 1C5 a number of times and I'm always nervous about there being enough parking. Where do you go park if it is full in front of Charlie's?

Btw, I've been to 1C5 a number of times and I'm always nervous about there being enough parking. Where do you go park if it is full in front of Charlie's?
I'm going to go park in one of those goofy round hangars

I’m in. Technically I have a plane for Sunday morning (Dec 5) for a breakfast run… but now I have a plane for this too!

I think I'm open then but will update once I know more.

I would go, but my plane is out of town.

222efbc1cfcff5c854fbad1a572ffa27.jpg

I’m in. Technically I have a plane for Sunday morning (Dec 5) for a breakfast run… but now I have a plane for this too!
Oops, good solve for my mixup!

As Doc Bruce is based at Clow, hopefully he will have some parking tips.

I may be able to make the 11th if it goes that date. December 4 I’m flying for Operation Good Cheer… we deliver gifts for the states foster care kiddos. They amass them at PTK and volunteer pilots and truckers take them from there to designated spots around the state. In 2019 I was one of 250 planes, unsure how many trucks, and we delivered 22,000 gifts for 7,000 or so kids. 2020 they did it all via truck. It’s been going for 50 years, started by one guy and a Skyhawk…

I’ll keep an eye on the thread- as it would be fun to meet some folks in person.

You should see what happens when he hits 88mph

What’s that in real airplane* speed? You know, using knots?

*I think 88mph is close to Vmax in my 150. Real close. Which makes it a real airplane.

What’s that in real airplane* speed? You know, using knots?

*I think 88mph is close to Vmax in my 150. Real close. Which makes it a real airplane.
I don't know.... Mine's marked in mph :(

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious....
Vx climbing.

I can likely make it on the 4th. Not likely on the 11th.
Charlie's is great - I haven't been there in a while, thanks for setting this up!

- Martin

Current forecast is cold and sunny, which is good. Bring your top game on your crosswind technique, though.

When the ramp is full, Park in line father south or away up the north ramp, north of the fuel farm, on the apron just N of the really huge North hangar....
Thanks Doc. I sure hope parking anxiety isn't a disqualifying condition on my next medical. :eek: :D

Just going to go ahead and do this now:

Clow traffic, Lance 35E is on a 100 mile straight in for 36. Clow.
My flight to MLI was that on Tuesday. They landed me 31. It was literally a 56 mile straight in.

Just going to go ahead and do this now:

Clow traffic, Lance 35E is on a 100 mile straight in for 36. Clow.
Almost like Mountain Home to Gaston’s?

I shaved off my harvest beard that I had a gastons. Maybe I can can still dig it out of the trash and glue it back on.

Back