Haven’t seen a borescope post in a while…

Jdm

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jdm
I need a new one. What’s good these days? I picked up a Bonanza from a fancy shop in MA recently. The IA showed me his favorite, a VividiaTech VA980. Worked with another mechanic on a pre-buy who was using a fancy SnapOn. Said he got a deal by purchasing a return. It was really nice with a color display but I don’t need anything that pricey. I’ll use this for our two airplanes, plus I do pre-buys for customers occasionally. I have an iPad that I prefer to use for keeping my work and images organized. Please tell me your favorite

Thanks! I did a search and it came up something from 2017.

I got the Ablescope. One caveat, if you like iPads, the Bluetooth Airbox that comes with the Ablescope can be quite slow. This makes the borescope hard to use because of the lag between moving the scope and seeing the image makes it difficult to capture the image you want. This may be because the iPad I used was an old one. But plugging it into a laptop is easier.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have the VividiaTech 400....works great.

Thanks. I’ll definitely check out the VT 400. Any issues with it being rigged rather than flexible? It seems that flexible would be preferable?

Thanks. I’ll definitely check out the VT 400. Any issues with it being rigged rather than flexible? It seems that flexible would be preferable?
No issues. The tip flexes enough to see well. I have a few other cheap brands that flex….I always use the VT. eBay has many cheap ones. They’re ok…I like the VT best.

Good to know. I’m leaning toward the VT brand. They seem to target the aviation market. ATS, Spruce, and McFarlane are distributors. Cyber pricing this week.

I went with the VA-980-A.

If anyone needs a Christmas present ATS has a great promotion this week. Got a bundle kit that includes the WiFi ($120) adapter for iPad/iPhone. On sale, plus CYBER21 promo through tomorrow. No tax and Free shipping. $400 total.

Back