First flight with mono vision

Small set back. Joe my CFI needs to travel Tuesday to TX for training with his company Life Med. So no FR Tuesday....:( Oh well we will get it done just not next week. To bad weather was suppose to cooperate. Looking forward to getting FR done and flying PIC soon...

Aviation, hurry up and wait. It'll happen.

Well this week could have turned out better. Joe had to fly to AZ for training the day we were to do my check ride. As long as weather corporates we should get that done in the next week or two.

On a side note: Worknames Comp insurance says loss of vision in my right eye is worth $1777.00. Another slap in the face. They have also not payed me for lost wages going to or from doctors appointments. Sh*t that alone is way more then $1777.00. 10 months, 2 days a month. $440/day X 2 (appointment and travel home) X 10 months.

Not looking to get rich, just want to be compensated fairly for me injury. Options?

Well this week could have turned out better. Joe had to fly to AZ for training the day we were to do my check ride. As long as weather corporates we should get that done in the next week or two.

On a side note: Worknames Comp insurance says loss of vision in my right eye is worth $1777.00. Another slap in the face. They have also not payed me for lost wages going to or from doctors appointments. Sh*t that alone is way more then $1777.00. 10 months, 2 days a month. $440/day X 2 (appointment and travel home) X 10 months.

Not looking to get rich, just want to be compensated fairly for me injury. Options?
That's more than a slap in the face. That's a kick in the nackers. Time to get a lawyer.

Well it's official. Got my FR signed off today. Not real good weather but we made it work. It's been 1 year and 1 month since my accident. I use up a little more runway the way I am landing now, I'm putting it down 1000' from the threshold.

It made my day....:)

Well it's official. Got my FR signed off today. Not real good weather but we made it work. It's been 1 year and 1 month since my accident. I use up a little more runway the way I am landing now, I'm putting it down 1000' from the threshold.

It made my day....:)
Way to go Bill!!

Way to go Bill!!
Thanks Neal, it has been a tough go. Weather this week has been bad to say the least. Joe my CFI and I have been trying to hook up for weeks. Weather/work schedules have been a challenge. Everything by baby steps has seamed to work...:)

Awesome!!
We should have a Monkey hand-off, and you should take him on some adventures!

Awesome!!
We should have a Monkey hand-off, and you should take him on some adventures!
Thanks Kath. Right now jumping for joy would be the adventure. I could get the monkey to Sitka, Skagway, Gustave's or Ketchikan up the Taku, or around SE. Not planning a trip to the lower 48 soon. Thanks again...

:happydance:

Keep up the practice and before you know it you will be back to normal landing distance.!!

Congrats on getting back in the air and getting the FR done!

As someone who is also monocular (since birth as a result of a cataract) so awesome to see others overcome this. Easy for those with full vision to close one eye and assume depth perception is impossible. We just pick up on different visual cues to compensate.

Keep paving the way!

Jason

You know Lynn Bennett of LAB fame....he is one eyed

Your perseverance is inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story and your success. :)

Back