annunciator for 14VDC Garmin GPS175

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
my installer says I'm going to need one because this gps unit is just a little too far on the R/H (co-pilot) side of the panel we're putting in.
It's not too far, I can see it fine, but he's afraid it may not be legal for iFR certification.
That said, I need an annunciator.
Airplane is a 14VDC Cessna 172D... the panel with two columns of radios, narrow(er) cabin.
What's a unit I can buy used to just get into compliance with minimum bucks...??
thanks for the coaching.
dan

What are you using as a CDI, it may have annunciation lamps in it. Otherwise, your absolute cheapest path (~$90) will be two MS25041 lights, one green one (MS25041-3) labelled APPR and one amber one (MS25041-4) labeled LOI.

using a collins ind-351A (similar to Garmin gi106). Will most annunciators work with the newer GPS175? I really appreciate the response! Yes, all I want to do is get into compliance and minimize installation cost by hopefully keepin' it simple...

Thanks… and I have to go be insistent w my avionics guy… this installation gets me legal for ifr compliance?
This is good news since a new annunciator and time/money to install smells like big bucks…

Yep, minimum IFR requirements require either meeting the field of view requirements, or installing a minimum of LOI and APPR annunciation. And the manual even specs the PTT lights as an option.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 2.23.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 2.24.20 PM.png

Wow. THANKS Ryan. This is the fix I need for my 172. It's a '63... there's two stacks in the panel, and I MAY bee good w/o an annunciator. It's about 11 inches from the GPS to the Collins indicator.
I REALLY appreciate your help with this. My avionics shop was recommending a new Mid Continent annunciator that was expensive and looked like a complex install.
Come fly w me if you're ever in North Little Rock.
dan

The Mid-Continent annunciators are good units (but pricey, even used), but fairly overkill in this situation. If you were installing something like a GNS or GTN with dual nav (GPS and VHF) capability, they require extra annunciation capability, but for the GPS 175 wired to its own CDI, it doesn't need to be so complex. If you were sharing the CDI with another nav source then additional annunciation and switching relays would be required.

I have a Garmin annuciator that I pulled out of my Cherokee 6. I'll sell it to you for a great $250.
243816246_4657065817724888_1576154872801288656_n.jpg

Looks like a nice unit… but seems I need Loi annunciation. Thanks

thanks. will talk w my installer guy - he's gotta sign off... I appreciate it.
dan

Back