Medical deferral timeline

AAQ

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AnotherPoster
I have had an HIMS 1st class application deferred with the FAA since June with my final HIMS packet being scanned in the system in early October. Does anyone have any updates on how long these applications are taking to be seen by the FAA? I can imagine there is some backlog.

Woo! Well if your HIMS AME used traditional fax it in methodology start the 8 monht clock ticking from October, 2021. :(
Huddle submission is MUCH quicker, running 4-5 months.

Woo! Well if your HIMS AME used traditional fax it in methodology start the 8 monht clock ticking from October, 2021. :(

Well here is to hoping that the FAA doesn't request more information on top of what they already have. Thanks for the info.

This backlog and process seems to not be conducive to a flourishing GA culture, I'm worried that this will cause the slow strangling of the casual weekend flyer.

This backlog and process seems to not be conducive to a flourishing GA culture, I'm worried that this will cause the slow strangling of the casual weekend flyer

Well, fortunately most of us casual weekend flyers only have to go through this crap once. Then we can go Basic Med.

And every year of Basic Med that goes by demonstrates just how useless the Class 3 process is.

huddle submission?

D.C just came off of Beta; "Huddle for government" is a way of moving files from the HIMS docs to DC and in reverse. It is klugy but it is FAST. But what they have done is forced the Desingees to group the data in blocks the same way the analysts do- essentailly doing some of the work for the agency (go think!). So all my files are now rearranged and grouped in "huddle" formatted data. Thsi took about two months of re-doing EVERYTHING.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back