Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have the card
I have a photo on my phone
I will be traveling
I read about getting it into a database (I’m cool with that) and getting a QR code.
But I can’t find a way to do that.
My state does not offer that.
The destination country does not.
The vaccinating agency I used has nothing.
Forget about it?
The goals are
-make travel smoother
-avoid loss or damage to card during repeated handling
-it’s a good plan for when the card is lost

As far as I know, only a few states have it. Just treat the card with care. I'm starting to need the vax card to visit customers now.

I digitized mine. When it came time for the booster I presented the digitized proof of previous vaccination. The first pharmacy tech was befuddled. They could not process or accept anything other than the original paper copy. The next pharmacy had no issue with it. Imagine, in this day and age some cannot accept digital evidence of a vaccination card.

I have the card
I have a photo on my phone
I will be traveling
I read about getting it into a database (I’m cool with that) and getting a QR code.
But I can’t find a way to do that.
My state does not offer that.
The destination country does not.
The vaccinating agency I used has nothing.
Forget about it?
The goals are
-make travel smoother
-avoid loss or damage to card during repeated handling
-it’s a good plan for when the card is lost
Looks like ya gotta do it state by state. https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...-digital-credentials-21-states-with-bans.html
Here’s how one state does it. https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

I digitized mine. When it came time for the booster I presented the digitized proof of previous vaccination. The first pharmacy tech was befuddled. They could not process or accept anything other than the original paper copy. The next pharmacy had no issue with it. Imagine, in this day and age some cannot accept digital evidence of a vaccination card.
That’d just be the individual pharmacies being equipped to do it or not. Some states, by mandate, don’t want you to have the convenience of being able to do it. So it’s ‘your papers pleeze.’

Apparently some pharmacies have no idea what they’re doing. I went for my second Pfizer shot but it had been 12 weeks since the first because I couldn’t get the second on time due to medical emergencies. Walgreens refused to give it to me. They said “The CDC requires you to have the second booster within four weeks of the first. You will have to start the series all over again.”

I said, “Fine, give me the first Pfizer shot again,” planning to just not return for the second. He said, “We can only give you the Moderna today.” No, I want the Pfizer, I’m not mixing up brands. So I walked out and went home and looked it up on the CDC website.

Sure enough the CDC says that if you miss the window and get your second shot late, that’s okay, it still counts as the second shot. So I drove to CVS where they gave me the second Pfizer without batting an eye.

My only worry is trying to board a plane I’ll show my vax card to a TSA agent and he will say, “The dates of these shots are too far apart. Boarding denied.” At this point, I seriously expect that sort of lunacy.

Edit: To top it all off, my 12 week gap actually gives me better protection, according to one study.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...mes-higher-antibody-response/?sh=5e274279a6a3

Apparently some pharmacies have no idea what they’re doing. I went for my second Pfizer shot but it had been 12 weeks since the first because I couldn’t get the second on time due to medical emergencies. Walgreens refused to give it to me. They said “The CDC requires you to have the second booster within four weeks of the first. You will have to start the series all over again.”

I said, “Fine, give me the first Pfizer shot again,” planning to just not return for the second. He said, “We can only give you the Moderna today.” No, I want the Pfizer, I’m not mixing up brands. So I walked out and went home and looked it up on the CDC website.

Sure enough the CDC says that if you miss the window and get your second shot late, that’s okay, it still counts as the second shot. So I drove to CVS where they gave me the second Pfizer without batting an eye.

My only worry is trying to board a plane I’ll show my vax card to a TSA agent and he will say, “The dates of these shots are too far apart. Boarding denied.” At this point, I seriously expect that sort of lunacy.

Edit: To top it all off, my 12 week gap actually gives me better protection, according to one study.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...mes-higher-antibody-response/?sh=5e274279a6a3

Two things.

No mandate to have the vaccine to fly

The TSA has nothing at all to do with vaccine mandates. Where there are mandates, i.e. international travel, the airlines are responsible for checking.

CLEAR, the folks who allow you to cut the line at the airport offer a digital vaccination card. I just did that for a conference. They have my biometrics in their system from the airline, so all it took was a selfie to proove who I am. Then a picture of my crumpled CDC card, enter the dates of the vaccination and it 'verified' my information ;-) Well, I don't know how it could 'verify' it based on the thin data entered, but it gave me a nice green framed QR and that is what counts.

Where are you flying? Domestic flights don't need the card, and the TSA doesn't check it anyway.

EDIT- same information as @Groundpounder 's post

Depending on your state, you can use https://myirmobile.com/ and if can pull all your vaccinations from the state health department, creates a QR code for your Covid shots, which you can add to apple wallet and/or the apple health app.

Depending on your state, you can use https://myirmobile.com/ and if can pull all your vaccinations from the state health department, creates a QR code for your Covid shots, which you can add to apple wallet and/or the apple health app.

Haven't had much luck with that site. It doesn't seem to be able to find the records for me or my kids. Now in my case, the shots were done through employee health, but my kids were through the health department. You would think that they can locate their own records.....

For any Colorado residents, the MyColorado app is pretty slick. It has your digital Covid vaccine card, your digital driver's license (my digital license even has my correct address while my physical one still has my old address), and any other state licenses (hunting, fishing, etc).

Two things.

The TSA has nothing at all to do with vaccine mandates. Where there are mandates, i.e. international travel, the airlines are responsible for checking.
That's the direction we're going.

I left my card in my car when I went for my second shot. The tech offered to just write up a new card, guessing at the date and lot number for my first shot and everything. PDFs of the cards are online. Print on cardstock. Boom. Proof of vaccination is a joke.

I have the digital version on my phone since my state (CA) provides a way. I have only used it at restaurants. But every time, the person checking peers at my name rather than using the large QR code.

Two things.

Where are you flying? Domestic flights don't need the card, and the TSA doesn't check it anyway.

EDIT- same information as @Groundpounder 's post

Sigh... y'all missed my sense of humor.

That's the direction we're going.

I left my card in my car when I went for my second shot. The tech offered to just write up a new card, guessing at the date and lot number for my first shot and everything. PDFs of the cards are online. Print on cardstock. Boom. Proof of vaccination is a joke.

That too.

What the heck is a vaccination card? I got both shots back in March. Nobody gave me any sort of card. I did get the people to give me a sticker for my travel immunization card (the yellow card that shows vaccines for cholera, tetanus, etc.).

What the heck is a vaccination card? I got both shots back in March. Nobody gave me any sort of card. I did get the people to give me a sticker for my travel immunization card (the yellow card that shows vaccines for cholera, tetanus, etc.).

Online photo:

Attachments

• B84CB03C-F59E-44A4-8126-0B0725C28247.jpeg
    B84CB03C-F59E-44A4-8126-0B0725C28247.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 97
Go to a Fed Ex/Kinkos or whatever they call it these days, get a couple of high resolution copies, and like Murphey said laminate them. If anyone wants to see the card - it is the original.

summbuddy ain't doing dere job right den

I was offered an early vax at the living facility where my handicapped daughter resides. Many residents are medically fragile and a covid outbreak there could have been tragic. All residents, caregivers, and family members were vax’d at the same time. Over 100 people. No one had even heard of vax cards at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back