Thanksgiving Plans

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
What’s everyone’s plans for Thanksgiving? Anything special this year?

pretty much the usual - Turkey/pie/football etc etc.

a little different because of recent oral surgery... no nuts, no crunchy treats, etc. oh well.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday this year because that's when family can make it... so Thursday I'm going flying. :)

Unless, of course, I don't have the new oven installed and working by them...

Burn incense, sacrifice a goat and maybe a chicken or two, perform ritual incantations while holding beads, you know, the standard stuff.

Just my wife and I this year. Going to do a beef wellington for something different.

I’m driving to Branson :(
06F9FED9-A3E5-49AE-B6F3-109972E87D10.jpeg

Serving smoked turkey for the first Thanksgiving. Otherwise the usual.
We serve at noon. Bring a side dish if you are coming.

Dinner around 4. The Kids and there spouses will be over, we will send them home with most of the leftovers.

Lunch/dinner at my parents’ house. They are hosting 19 people. I get done with work at 930am thanksgiving day. We eat all day on thanksgiving.

A real southwest Thanksgiving dinner....Fajitas.

And pineapple pie for dessert.

Be thankful for kids, because the kids of today are the adults of tomorrow....

Driving to my sister’s place in Fernandina. My mom, @SkyChaser , @2-Bit Speed , and other family will join us. Turkey and all the trimmings, pie, and football.

Over the weekend I expect to weep from watching the University (sic) of Ga kick Ga Tech’s butt. Given the way GT has been playing this year, I may not make it past the first half.

I bought 6 lobster tails and 2 T-bones this morning. Mark will grill them for thanksgiving. That’s it. No sides except butter and lemon wedges. Not going anywhere. Just the two of us. Gone are the days I cooked a turkey dinner for 14 family members.

We have some friends hosting at their place. My wife will be working during the day so I'll be heading over earlier with the kiddo and she'll join us a bit later once she's done.

Food. Wine. Football.

A real southwest Thanksgiving dinner....Fajitas.

And pineapple pie for dessert.

Be thankful for kids, because the kids of today are the adults of tomorrow....
My fav Thanksgiving meal was when my then brother in law in law (from New Mexico) added red chile to the gravy -among other things… The spice was something even @eman1200 would appreciate.

My fav Thanksgiving meal was when my then brother in law in law (from New Mexico) added red chile to the gravy -among other things… The spice was something even @eman1200 would appreciate.

I just gave 4 homemade hot sauces to my A&P when I dropped the bird off for annual. we'll see if he and the crew appreciates it as much as I do.

Have a pile of young adults and former exchange students and some University students from Belgium…they tend to show up every year…lol and I love it…Cook a somewhat traditional meal but add a Mac and Cheese as it’s always a request…I have unusual ties to Belgium for an English/American for not speaking French or Flemish but that’s another story…

I'm hoping I'm feeling better by Thurs. I've been sick since Friday. I was convinced it was the kung flu, so I got tested this morning. Came back negative so I guess Thanksgiving is still on. Id love to crash @RyanB 's party, but I'm still light a magneto, and I don't think my mom would appreciate it. She started cooking today...

I'm hoping I'm feeling better by Thurs. I've been sick since Friday. I was convinced it was the kung flu, so I got tested this morning. Came back negative so I guess Thanksgiving is still on. Id love to crash @RyanB 's party, but I'm still light a magneto, and I don't think my mom would appreciate it. She started cooking today...
Understandable. Just know that my offer is nothing short of completely serious! :)

Get better soon!

Mary and I picked up the fresh turkey today at the butcher shop. We are having Mary’s sister-in-law and one of her daughters join us here at the beach.

turkey , twice baked potatoes , string bean casserole, (Rudy’s Texas) cream corn, coleslaw, Mary’s cranberry sauce mix ( most excellent) stuffing with sausage mix and plenty of pies.

help cook, eat, football, a good day.

We did Friendsgiving Saturday in Mexico (photo below. highlight: cochinita pibil, I don't need to have another thanksgiving without it)
Thanksgiving Thursday with family and friends in Mexico
Thanksgiving next Saturday with Daughter and SIL

I may lose my medical...

IMG_2329-sm.jpg

...Mary and I picked up the fresh turkey today at the butcher shop...
I have to ask, where did the turkey come from? I used to live in the DelMarVa area where I think you currently reside. For 20+ years it became a family tradition to buy our turkey from a farm in Thurmont.

Both daughters are here, my sister is coming to visit, and my brother in law will be by after work for dinner. All is well.

Back