the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

The war on Thanksgiving conspiracy.

Straight from zombies and ghosts to Santa and candy canes.
Inflatable snowman playing a candy cane.
Christmas lights.
Trees lit up in the front window.

Completely skipping the Turkey and Pilgrim decorations.

Christmas lights.

did you see this one...

Attachments

• stay in your lane.jpg
    stay in your lane.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 37
b14fba1f-be0d-47e0-bbf0-a73905225e8f.00b80cc375a0cda5e3294c6c404d9283.jpeg

I have truly seen it all now...

I made a video about cost of owning a 182. Thanks to those who shared their data with me!

seriously, can they make this any harder to read? how about arrows being a diff color, or something?

upload_2021-11-19_16-33-46.png

I should have put that under the ‘minor gripes’ thread

The maps for Airmet Tango have been the same lately…

Christmas lights.

2894A8EA-7DC0-468C-A25F-33061AD305D2.jpeg

I have the best luck…

7F28EEFE-0CEA-4588-932B-B47BD5BAD60E.jpeg

(Trying to fly southwest from Chicago on Wednesday.)

I have the best luck…

View attachment 102042

(Trying to fly southwest from Chicago on Wednesday.)
Ouch. Depending on how far SW, I would almost go straight south to Memphis and then west.

On Saturday (I think I put this in the daily pic thread already) I hit 195 knots ground speed going East. Coming home there were spots were I was barely doing 105. Normal cruise is 155.

Ouch. Depending on how far SW, I would almost go straight south to Memphis and then west.

On Saturday (I think I put this in the daily pic thread already) I hit 195 knots ground speed going East. Coming home there were spots were I was barely doing 105. Normal cruise is 155.
I’m flying to Branson in a DA40 where normal cruise is closer to 135-140 o_O

Based on how FF is modeling the winds, flight time is minimized directly only. Interestingly enough I can fly west of course and incur no flight time penalty. Either way, winds are light at the surface so I’m anticipating shear (and related turbulence) in the climb past 3000 where I can expect ~90 kts GS. Since I’m taking VIPs, I’ll probably just scrub this flight and drive. That’ll allow me 8 hours to present the values of Baron or C310 ownership in a totally not at all passive aggressive manner.

I am mostly complaining since this will be the 3rd trip I’ve scrubbed since end-Oct.

I’m flying to Branson in a DA40 where normal cruise is closer to 135-140 o_O

Based on how FF is modeling the winds, flight time is minimized directly only. Interestingly enough I can fly west of course and incur no flight time penalty. Either way, winds are light at the surface so I’m anticipating shear (and related turbulence) in the climb past 3000 where I can expect ~90 kts GS. Since I’m taking VIPs, I’ll probably just scrub this flight and drive. That’ll allow me 8 hours to present the values of Baron or C310 ownership in a totally not at all passive aggressive manner.

I am mostly complaining since this will be the 3rd trip I’ve scrubbed since end-Oct.
Flying 90 knots>driving
All day every day

Just got back from my annual hunting trip to upstate NY. Unsuccessful again. I had a 14 year streak going when I first starting hunting up there but back then, I'd shoot anything with antlers. These past 5 years or so I just want a bear or a deer worthy enough to put on the wall. I've passed up lesser bucks every year potentially batting 1,000, but nobody is starving and just hanging out with my friends is worth the trip.

They need to add captions such as, "good flying weather here", "don't fly here unless you love getting the chit knocked out of you", and "you may as well stay home."

now that's my kind of weather briefing

I mean is it me or does it seem like there’s an opportunity to clean that up a bit?

I hear you, but you are looking at a 3,000 mile swath there, I find, at least finding a single piston, I zoom into about a 3 or 400 mile picture, then all you are really interested in there is what is in the box, near your route.

I'm going to sound like a shill for this site, but I am not. Ezwxbrief takes all this info and melds it into a graphic representation of your route, so you can see things like icing levels, severity, clouds, turbulence, winds in one "meteogram"(??), it's the mac-daddy of weather briefing IMO. It helps make sense of what you are seeing in these individual weather products.

Number of days since the first annual inspection began: 81
Number of gorgeous flying days since the annual inspection began: 74
Number of days that I've flown anyway: 2

How do people do this waiting thing? I am not very good at it, obviously.

Ouch. Mine took 6 weeks. Flew her once and we had to send the mags in, so that'll be another 3 weeks probably. I scheduled mine for my busy time of year. I also maintained membership in a club, so I still flew about 10 hours while my plane was down.

Ouch. Mine took 6 weeks. Flew her once and we had to send the mags in, so that'll be another 3 weeks probably. I scheduled mine for my busy time of year. I also maintained membership in a club, so I still flew about 10 hours while my plane was down.
What makes matters worse is that I can see the A&P's shop from my airport adjacent office. Also, I get to airplane watch all day, so it's a fair trade-off.

I hear you, but you are looking at a 3,000 mile swath there, I find, at least finding a single piston, I zoom into about a 3 or 400 mile picture, then all you are really interested in there is what is in the box, near your route....

I'm curious how you zoom in on that page since there is no zoom option. other pages there is, but not the freezing level page.

I hate annual time.

I'm curious how you zoom in on that page since there is no zoom option. other pages there is, but not the freezing level page.

That's a pretty basic chart, the only really meaningful info is in the boxes, the lines define the areas for the boxes. There are much better products now for ice. That said, I view that chart in the app I referenced above, I can view the chart you posted, the national view, and I can zoom. Or I can view the chart for my region, which is basically a prezoomed portion of the main chart. I also have it in Foreflight, which allows me to zoom too. I don't use the national weather service or leidos stuff as it is clunky and difficult to find what I want and use. EZwxbrief costs about $70 a year and is worth every penny to me. Foreflight costs what Foreflight costs, but I use it a lot and it has good features.

if I unscrew this, will my house deflate? dafuq is this thing? fyi it's in the slab. and no, I aint raking sh@#

IMG_1495.jpg

Back