Buying a Plane - Website

Juan Vallejo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jucava
Besides Trade a Plane, any other website or service to look for airplanes?

Staring to browse around, hopefully I get the green light to land from the kitchen area :)

Off the top of my head, Controller.com and Barnstormers.com. Good luck!

Watch the classified ad section of POA. Also the “for sale” section of type-specific forums for whatever type(s) of plane you’re seeking. I found my plane on POA.

Thx guys, I would love a Grumman Tiger, fingers cross

hangar67.com
ASO.com (probably the best of this list)
aerotrader.com
aerosearcher.com

craigslist under aviation is good for local ones. There are also good local deals on headsets and other airplane stuff...bought a newish cheap Red Dragon preheater from the one in Atlanta.

If you’re looking for a specific type you might want to join their Facebook type page. You’ll get the inside scoop on planes coming up for sale.

If you’re looking for a specific type you might want to join their Facebook type page. You’ll get the inside scoop on planes coming up for sale.
Specific types normally have a type forum. Join the forum, a lot of times folks post for forum members before putting it out to a general sale site. I belong to the Beech Aero Club and they post planes for sale there

Yeap, kind of my situation. Evolving from the R/C world I kinda have practice with that conversation. It always cost $50 no matter what it was only $50.

No PPL yet?
Might not want to learn in your own plane - but that’s a whole conversation in and of itself, held here pretty regularly.

Google the model airplane you're looking for and add "for sale", for example "cessna 172 for sale". You'll find lots of hits.

However, Controller, Trade-a-plane, and Barnstormer will have most of them.

I join the facebook groups, both xxx owners and xxx for sale groups. Then I watch for a few days or a week and you get a feel for what its like to be an owner and whats for sale. I joined the 210 owners, and saw a fair amount of posts about getting insurance. A call to Avemco proved that, at least just them, insurance isnt available everywhere.

Avemco won't give insurance on a 210? Or won't give it to you?

They said they are not insuring that model at this time. I have complex time and was a customer. I took it as they are not underwriting 210's. But it could be me.

Back