Didn’t know it existed yesterday but I want one today!

Bernoulli's principle does not, in itself, explain lift. Newton's laws do.

I conclude that Bernoulli and Newton are two derivations of the same principal. But I also note there is no force vector from Bernoulli.

I conclude that Bernoulli and Newton are two derivations of the same principal. But I also note there is no force vector from Bernoulli.
Bernoulli's equation is easily derived from Newtons laws. But, Bernoulli's equation is simply the conservation of energy along a streamline - if you want to legitimately use it as part of the explanation of lift, you have to first invoke circulation.

Bernoulli's equation is easily derived from Newtons laws. But, Bernoulli's equation is simply the conservation of energy along a streamline - if you want to legitimately use it as part of the explanation of lift, you have to first invoke circulation.

If it derives from Newton's law, but needs additional to match it, then the derivation is flawed. An equation should be equally "equal" in all forms.

When I first saw that video, I thought it must not be that hard... until I watched someone else try.
That's Zuckerberg??? I am really resisting the urge. I mean like really trying. If I can't, see all ya'all whenever they let me back in here.

I can't even manage to balance on a regular paddle board. I'm sure I couldn't manage this.

I can't even manage to balance on a regular paddle board. I'm sure I couldn't manage this.
Might be easier since it's under motion unlike a paddleboard. Sort of like a jet ski being somewhat unstable at rest, but once you're moving forward the stability goes way up due to force of the water.

An e-Foil is on my bucket list but the decent ones are still $8-1$2K...that is tough pill to swallow for a 30-45 min run time toy.

Local shop here in town does a demo clinic and I may go try that out...or may not so I don't have the urge to spend another $12k!

Back