Minor alcohol violations Q(non vehicle)

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
No I didn’t get in trouble, just being paranoid.

Right now I’m sitting in a bar in Key West waiting to finish my drink even though people are walking around all over outside with drinks. Technically open container is illegal here and I don’t want to risk it. From what I understand it’s not really enforced and it would almost certainly be fine… but I don’t want to mess with my medical and certs.

Hypothetically if I did go walking and got a ticket for open container I’d have to report it right? Then what? What level of trouble am I in with the FAA if that happened? Am I overly worried?

From some threads I’ve seen here I’m thinking maximum caution is warranted.

I don't know but this thread is useless without pics of bar.......

Nothing special, just a fat Tuesday’s. The one back at the hotel is nicer but we were here.

Attachments

• F6296903-876B-47F4-BB31-579C10E75475.jpeg
    F6296903-876B-47F4-BB31-579C10E75475.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 121
Across the street from Sloppy Joe’s, on Duval St? Never heard of the place...

Across the street from Sloppy Joe’s, on Duval St? Never heard of the place...

Spent many a fun night in Key West. Honestly, unless you are falling down drunk, DUI, extremely disorderly or fighting I wouldn’t be concerned at all in Key West. The worst that can happen is a cop asking for ID and having you dump your drink.

The Key West Municipal Code, § 18-87 prohibits open containers of alcoholic beverages in public. However, ordinance 18-87 subsection (d) dictates that there shall be one verbal or written warning for any first time offender of this section, provided that compliance is achieved.

When in Rome…..

Also, if said drink is in a nondescript cup the officer would need probable cause to look Inside or smell the contents, and even in key west walking down the street with a cup is not probable cause.

Well, there was that post about the guy who broke no law, got stabbed, and the FAA went after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back