Not sure how this happened to me...

The coincidence is pretty remarkable, ain’t it?

Laurie and Ted have set a remarkable standard - amazing mates, beautiful children. You’re walking in good footsteps!

To my knowledge, this is only the second PoA marriage to have occurred, with @Laurie and me being the first. There have been other dating couples that have occurred, but those have always ended. I mean, have you seen the guys around here? Can’t say it’s surprising. I sure wouldn’t marry them. Oh, wait. ;)

Many congratulations to the happy couple. And welcome to the exclusive club of both PoAers who married each other and PoAers who were given something by @Half Fast ! :D

Wow, this is awesome, congratulations to both of you!!! I guess you do have game! Even better this all started in a thread I was OP! Many happy years ahead for the two of you, I hope Skychaser is still flying! Way to go HalfFast, no flies on you!

To my knowledge, this is only the second PoA marriage to have occurred, with @Laurie and me being the first. There have been other dating couples that have occurred, but those have always ended. I mean, have you seen the guys around here? Can’t say it’s surprising. I sure wouldn’t marry them. Oh, wait. ;)
Pretty sure I know of one other; John and Jamie. But I think they met mostly through the old Flashchat.

Pretty sure I know of one other; John and Jamie. But I think they met mostly through the old Flashchat.

That's a good point. I forgot about them, and I guess I may not have known that they got married. If they did get married, then this makes happy married PoA couple #3, and PoAer who got something of value from Half Fast #2. ;)

Laurie and I mostly met through old Flashchat as well. We both saw some posts from the other, but Flashchat was really where we started getting to know eachother. Really, that's where a lot of friendships were forged, and I think one of the better features of this forum.

Father knows best!! :cheerswine:

For those readers who don't know the whole story, it began in https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...ed-to-faa-by-pilot.126817/page-9#post-2941310 at post #337.

View attachment 101899

My wife and I are delighted to have such a charming, talented, and intelligent new daughter-in-law who shows such excellent taste in young men. (Plus we have another pilot in the family!) We're thrilled for both of them and wish them every happiness.

For those wishing to send a gift, the bride is registered at Textron-Cessna and at Sporty's. ;)

That dress is gorgeous!

Wow! That’s quite a story. I missed that thread, probably was off on one of my long breaks. Nothing wrong with matchmaking. When our daughter was in high school, my husband and his good friend arranged for the friend’s son to give our daughter a ride home from school every afternoon, but they had an ulterior motive. Sure enough, the kids fell into like, then love. They’ve been together 20 years now, and have two children. To this day, I’m not sure they know how “arranged” their marriage was. YES, Father knows best!

Many congratulations to the happy couple. And welcome to the exclusive club of both PoAers who married each other and PoAers who were given something by @Half Fast ! :D
Hmmm. 100% correlation. Sounds like a sure thing.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't know of John & Jamie. Still 66% is pretty good...

Congratulations to the happy couple! May you have many decades of joy together!

Congratulations. I took my wife for an airplane ride 25 years ago. Worst decision she ever made.

Hopefully you two will have many years together. Our time on this earth is so fleeting. It is best spent in the company of people we love. Sounds like you’re doing it right. :cheers:

First, anyone complaining about the younger generations is simply old, out of touch, and quite pitiable. They're missing out on a lot.

And to the happy couple, sincerest congratulations. Life is to short to be spent alone.

Congrats to all involved…what a great story to tell the grandkids…when that time comes.

That's a good point. I forgot about them, and I guess I may not have known that they got married. If they did get married, then this makes happy married PoA couple #3, and PoAer who got something of value from Half Fast #2. ;)

Laurie and I mostly met through old Flashchat as well. We both saw some posts from the other, but Flashchat was really where we started getting to know eachother. Really, that's where a lot of friendships were forged, and I think one of the better features of this forum.
I can't guarantee their legal status, but I know they have lived together for a long time. I visited them in the little town in Wisconsin where they live when I had a pick-up there. The guy fueling the airplane at the FBO seemed amazed at the quantity of fuel we bought, and we didn't come close to topping off. One of the few FBOs that couldn't do single-point, so we had to fuel over the wing.

I agree that flashchat was a good way to get to know each other. Unfortunately, I got out of the habit.

For y'all's information, what @Half Fast is attempting to do is called matchmaking. LOL And as far as I know, it's all in fun. :) The logistics alone would make it beyond weird! Also, could you imagine the "how you met" story?! LOL (Yeah, so, I was on this online forum with his dad... :D)

Skychaser has a comment to eat. Congratulations to all! Such a cool and unique "how'd you meet story". And to actually have the written proof when you're old and forgetful.

Was premier1driver notified or invited to the wedding?

For y'all's information, what @Half Fast is attempting to do is called matchmaking. LOL And as far as I know, it's all in fun. :) The logistics alone would make it beyond weird! Also, could you imagine the "how you met" story?! LOL (Yeah, so, I was on this online forum with his dad... :D)

Skychaser has a comment to eat. Congratulations to all! Such a cool and unique "how'd you meet story". And to actually have the written proof when you're old and forgetful.

Well... the logistics were weird. The "How'd you meet story" is strange... And I'm still confused as to how it happened.

Meeting a family of nine all at once on the very day that I met her (face to face) for the first time was... something I hope to not repeat. The following months were... strained. 1,000 miles away with only a phone line. The actual dates were very good. When we got them.

According to our calendar, we had a grand total of 26 days face-to-face over the 15 months we knew each other before getting married (including the rehearsal).

I don't think I should have to eat that comment. At the time, I was about 99.9999% sure that it was just a massive joke. I did qualify that my comment was "as far as I knew" after all... ;)

And no, neither of us were related to P1D, so he didn't make the guest list!

I don't think I should have to eat that comment. At the time, I was about 99.9999% sure that it was just a massive joke. I did qualify that my comment was "as far as I knew" after all... ;)

And no, neither of us were related to P1D, so he didn't make the guest list!

Trust me - at the time it was 100% massive joke.

Well... the logistics were weird. The "How'd you meet story" is strange... And I'm still confused as to how it happened.

Meeting a family of nine all at once on the very day that I met her (face to face) for the first time was... something I hope to not repeat. The following months were... strained. 1,000 miles away with only a phone line. The actual dates were very good. When we got them.

According to our calendar, we had a grand total of 26 days face-to-face over the 15 months we knew each other before getting married (including the rehearsal).

Sometimes you just know it’s right. My husband and I had only been dating a few weeks, not much more than your 26 days, when we knew we were going to marry. We’ve been together 37 years.

Sometimes you just know it’s right. My husband and I had only been dating a few weeks, not much more than your 26 days, when we knew we were going to marry. We’ve been together 37 years.

OTOH, 37 years ago you didn’t have all the zoom/Skype time these two did, plus the virtual dates, the on-line movie nights, the text messages, etc., etc.

Yup. Wife and I got engaged 4 months into dating. Married 4 months after that. 22 years later...

If this means what I think you mean, it's tasteless and classless.
I thought it was a terse but gentle admonition that each partner in the marriage do his/her part equally to get to 100%. Equal teamwork in other words. I'll vote for that. A good start is what POA is seeing here in all the congratulations, and some good stories, too. Mine: bride and I knew after the second date. Married 43 years.

I thought it was a terse but gentle admonition that each partner in the marriage do his/her part equally to get to 100%. Equal teamwork in other words. I'll vote for that. A good start is what POA is seeing here in all the congratulations, and some good stories, too. Mine: bride and I knew after the second date. Married 43 years.
Sure hope you're right.

If it works, it works. My parents met more or less by chance when Mom and a girlfriend were on a cross-country road trip. As I understand the timeline, they had fewer than a dozen face-to-face days plus a year of writing letters before the wedding. This was not only pre-internet, but also pre-interstate, so the fact that they were 1700 miles apart meant 8 or more days round trip to visit by car, though Dad also splurged on one airline flight. And since long distance calls were stupid expensive at the time, there weren't many of those.

But they'd been married over 60 years when we lost Dad.

That’s right, we had phones connected to the wall. That was it.

When the groom was, oh about 4 or 5 years old, he came up with a great invention. It seems we were often misplacing the cordless phone and having to search the house for it. He suggested we just attach it to the wall with a cord so we would always know where it was.

Mrs. Steingar were together only a short time as I completed my doctorate. Our relationship continued over a large distance, but it seems to have worked out, at least so far, We haven't made 30 years yet, though we are close. The fact that the two youngsters are aviation folks is a big plus, some helpful commonality. Young marrieds these days need all the help they can get. The world is not an easy place.

Last edited:
View attachment 101899

Based on the focus of their attention, it appears someone forgot to pick up the dog poo in the yard before the ceremony. :eek:

Congrats to the happy couple!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the new couple. "50/50" is the minimum . It's always been my contention that a successful marriage is more of a 70/70 effort.
My theory is that the total must equal no less than 110%. It can be 100/10 some days, 55/55 others. It should be 100/100 as often as possible. But any extended period of less than 110 total, even if it’s 100/0, just won’t do.

Back