Not sure how this happened to me...

2-Bit Speed

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
2-Bit Speed
Since this community is known to have long memories, I trust you will remember a particular conversation had over a year ago during which one of your members made disparaging remarks concerning the generations born in the last quarter or third of the past century. One particular Skychaser took issue with these remarks and objected to them as a member of the generations so described. Following her objection, a third member (third as regards this tangent) said jokingly, "Would you be interested in dating my son?"

Shortly after this, @Half Fast (the third member in the conversation) PM'ed Skychaser to apologize for the (possibly) insensitive joke. The two exchanged a few more messages and that is the end of PoA's relevance to the story.

Over a year later (Nov 4, 2021), @SkyChaser married the son of HalfFast (me).

7686678504879238131-jpg.101891

I guess a Pilot's forum IS the best spot to find romance...

Now here I sit, waiting for her to bring my Miata home. (Just kidding. I've driven it, even in the mountains, but I'm sitting right here!! ~SkyChaser)

Attachments

• 7686678504879238131.jpg
    7686678504879238131.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 893
Congratulations! Interesting handle, my husband was 2bits on the first aviation forum we were on together. We didn’t meet that way though, we met at work at a job where we weren’t supposed to carry on with coworkers, so we kept it secret for a good while. That was back in the Stone Age. Nowadays it’s probably way too dangerous to date coworkers.

Congratulations!

But... am I the only one who thought "interesting, I've never seen an off-the shoulder fur wedding dress before"? :D

LOL!! When we get more pictures, I'll post them up, if only so you can see that it was a very traditional gown and didn't have any fur at all. ;)

LOL!! When we get more pictures, I'll post them up, if only so you can see that it was a very traditional gown and didn't have any fur at all. ;)

Ah! Now I can see past someone's head to the traditional garb.

Congratulations, aviation-relative marriages last the longest (32 and counting)!

Congratulations - it's nice to have a smile early in the day. Best wishes for a long and happy life together. Just don't fight over who gets to be PIC!

Yes! Please post more photos when available!

Father knows best!! :cheerswine:

For those readers who don't know the whole story, it began in https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...ed-to-faa-by-pilot.126817/page-9#post-2941310 at post #337.

upload_2021-11-16_10-1-39.png

My wife and I are delighted to have such a charming, talented, and intelligent new daughter-in-law who shows such excellent taste in young men. (Plus we have another pilot in the family!) We're thrilled for both of them and wish them every happiness.

For those wishing to send a gift, the bride is registered at Textron-Cessna and at Sporty's. ;)

Reported. IBTL. How did POA not get an invitation???

Congratulations to all involved. This is a pretty cool story, especially when you have to answer "How did you meet?" "Online." "Oh, like Match.com?" "No, his dad was joking on a web forum for pilots about introducing us and I guess we called the bluff."

Wow, this is really something! We’ve had a few members find their spousal units here on POA and it’s quite exciting to add the two of you to the list!

Congratulations!

To my knowledge, this is only the second PoA marriage to have occurred, with @Laurie and me being the first. There have been other dating couples that have occurred, but those have always ended. I mean, have you seen the guys around here? Can’t say it’s surprising. I sure wouldn’t marry them. Oh, wait. ;)

Many congratulations to the happy couple. And welcome to the exclusive club of both PoAers who married each other and PoAers who were given something by @Half Fast ! :D

To my knowledge, this is only the second PoA marriage to have occurred, with @Laurie and me being the first. There have been other dating couples that have occurred, but those have always ended.
Ah, I stand corrected then! That makes this marriage all the more special!

Back