Gone West: bobmrg

Really sad news. He was a big part of the community and left a positive mark on GA. Tailwinds, Bob.

Rest In Peace! He certainly lived a long life and seemed to enjoy his time. 61 years in aviation! Great contributions on this board.

So sad to hear this. As others have said "Say Again, Please" was a tremendous help to me doing IR. I've recommended it to many. And Bob answered some of my specific questions on here before I even bought the book.

Solid guy all around, super knowledgeable and will be missed. I didn't realize that he was in his 90's.

Sad to hear. I always enjoyed his comments and replies here. So full of knowledge snd willing to share at any time. Tailwinds and God Bless

I've known Bob's name since the early days of rec.aviation usenet forums. I had no idea he was 92. I thought he was sixty something. May God bless his soul.

It was amazing to have "access" to such a resource here on PoA -- one of the things I appreciate about this forum, and so much thanks go to those who share their expertise here, past and present.
RIP.

RIP Sir. His posts he were always informative and as a newbie extremely helpful. Huge loss for the aviation community.

Sad to hear. I read "Say Again, Please" probably 5 times during my PPL training. He was a great author, and I'm very thankful he shared his knowledge in an approachable way. Thanks for the help Bob, and rest in peace.

I will miss his knowledgeable and helpful posts here.

Bob was a wonderful resource and obviously accomplished man.

I injured my shoulder a few years ago and he PM’d me advice and encouragement about it since he had been through the same thing. He personally responded to an untold number of my dumb questions over the years.

I will be praying for his family.

@bobmrg made an impact on me and I was glad when he posted here. I paid attention every time he wrote.

Best wishes to his family. I hope they know how much we admired and appreciated @bobmrg.

He made a difference in many pilots lives, and I am sure to others outside of flying.

Tailwinds.

I hope someone points his family members to this thread. I think they’d be touched by the tributes.

@bobmrg made an impact on me and I was glad when he posted here. I paid attention every time he wrote.

Best wishes to his family. I hope they know how much we admired and appreciated @bobmrg.

Agreed.

I need to do a much better job of telling people that while they're still with us.

Very sad, indeed. Even after he lost his medical, I enjoyed his commentary here in PoA. His "Say Again, Please" is the best book on comms I've ever seen.

What a bummer. You could tell he loved aviation and he loved helping others. I just went over and bought a copy of his say again please. His legacy will continue helping people moving forward and that is the best compliment you could give someone.

I bought several of Bob's books, PM'd him here a few times, and recommended his work to several of my students. He was truly an asset to aviation and he will be sorely missed. :(

There are a lot of threads on here that run long. But I like that this is still going, talking about what a good guy he was, and how many people he's helped out. Cool that his writing will help that happen into the future, too.

I remember the moment I realized his avatar was about 40 years younger than he actually was.
Made me sad.

One of the Good guys here, when I had aspirations of pursuing my Commercial I mentioned I was buying his book on the commercial ticket, he told me not to, as he had a brand new book that was just being distributed. He told his the distributor to make one of them available to me early so I would have the very latest information. Sadly, I never moved forward with the commercial, but rather passed the book on to a young aviator that was on a career path. Bob's work lives on....

Bob and I worked together at Seattle Flight Service. Many years later he flew with me in my floatplane. Just came across these snaps.

So now, I know that, while I never had the privilege of meeting Bob, we shared a cheap, cheesy-yet-cool sweatshirt-with-pockets. A favorite.

Obviously I've been out of the loop but I just saw this.

{Expletives deleted.}

Blue skies, Bob.

Back