landing a seneca II

eman has redeemed himself. four good landings, one less than good landing.

speeds…..check
site pic…..check
touchdown on the mains…..check
centerline……mostly

80lb bag of weight in the back yet?

80lb bag of weight in the back yet?

same weight as yesterday, just much better on my speeds and just getting lower with the plane in the roundout. oh, and probably some luck as well.

eman has redeemed himself. four good landings, one less than good landing.

speeds…..check
site pic…..check
touchdown on the mains…..check
centerline……mostly

See? You got this.
Never any doubt in my mind.

+1 on ballast in the back end of the Seneca if you don't have Pax back there. It'll help immensely! If you look in the POH, there's actually a recommended order to load the Seneca in when it comes to persons. I believe it's something along the lines of if only 1, it must be the pilot...if 2, 1 is the pilot, the other should go in the back seat. If 3, you can put 2 up front and one all the way in the back...so on, and so on.

did it have a johnson bar? :happydance:

SN3595Collective.jpg

Come over the numbers at 95…..let her float. As she settles continuously add a little back pressure. You won’t even know when you land

Come over the numbers at 95…..let her float. As she settles continuously add a little back pressure. You won’t even know when you land

we used 85kts on short final. the first day was just poor speed control on my part and a totally different site picture with basically no nose in front of me and a goofy seating position that I'm not used to.

Back