First World Problem

Rich Holt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
holtyrd
I ordered a Tesla Model 3 two days ago because the expected delivery was June and I wanted to "get in line." Less than 48 hours later the expected delivery date is next week. Wow, that escalated quickly! Does anyone have experience with getting Tesla to delay delivery for 8-ish months?

I ordered a Tesla Model 3 two days ago because the expected delivery was June and I wanted to "get in line." Less than 48 hours later the expected delivery date is next week. Wow, that escalated quickly! Does anyone have experience with getting Tesla to delay delivery for 8-ish months?

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but nice use of the Anchorman reference!

no, but I've read that it's possible to reject the delivery
which I would be spring loaded to do anyway in this case....more than likely that's what this car is.... someone else rejected it for some reason....and it now goes to you based on geography or whatever....

someone else rejected it for some reason

I was thinking this as well, but I was considering it was probably someone wanting to take delivery in 2022 for the same reason I was trying to take delivery then.

I sure hope not. While it’s all relative I’m pretty sure that’s not where I live. :)

When I paid the deposit over 7 months ago they said 3-6 months.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek ... and no, I believe you are nowhere near the 'hood. ;)

Why not take it now?

if you have a lease, values are high right now and you may be able to get out of it early for a profit.

Why not take it now?

if you have a lease, values are high right now and you may be able to get out of it early for a profit.
I was counting on the 8 months to make necessary adjustments to infrastructure. I live out in the sticks in a 120-year-old house with an equally old driveway.

Also, the "new" tax incentives, if passed, will not take effect until January 1st. I can wait.

You can reject the delivery. The next person in line gets the choice to accept. This will put you back into the queue. Coworker ordered one, 2 weeks later they had one. Same as you, he wasnt ready. So he rejected the car and 6 weeks later (on time from the original delivery estimate), his car arrived.
No harm rejecting it.

It was actually really easy to deal with. I called the delivery store and told them that I wanted to unmatch from that VIN. They sent me a text to confirm, and that was it. This might still be the easiest car buying experience that I've had. :)

Back