I take Prozac and Adderall but plan to stop using it.

Seth19

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Seth
I can’t seem to find a straight answer for this online, but if I stop taking my medications for a certain period of time, will I be able to pass all 3 of the medical certifications? I read that Prozac is allowed under certain conditions, but Adderall is banned by the FAA. If I can pass the medicals after stopping these medications, how long must i be off of them before I will be able to pass the medical?

The problem isn't just the medication - also the diagnosis behind it - you can't just stop. The FAA will want you to prove that you don't have ADD through a series of expensive tests.

Best possible guidance is schedule a consult with Dr Chen or Dr Lou, or a local AME that deals with tough cases and lay out all your info to them. You could be looking at a very long process with big expenses. They can reasonably predict how tough things will be for you to get your medical

Would you be happy flying light sport aircraft, gliders, ultralights, or hot air balloons? If so, don’t get the medical. Don’t jump through the FAA hoops. Just fly one of the aforementioned types of aircraft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back