transponder

don Freimark

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don F.
i want to buy and install[myself] an older[used] mode c transponder. Class Delta air space doesnt require 1 but atc cant see me on their scope and other a/c may not either. I will attempt with a wiring diagram only. any info is very much welcome.

I had the same problem with ATC not seeing me. Not sure exactly what the problem was but the antennae, encoder, and transponder were all tested and deemed bad. Everything was replaced and ATC sees me now. You might want to check the antennae and encoder first since they are cheap and easy to replace.

Not rocket science, but you will have to get it signed off for the installation and for function if you wish to play by the rules.

I had an avionics guy make the antenna cable and test it when it was all done in my (E-AB) ride.

I have a GTX330 (non-ES) if you’re interested.

Sorry , I dont need something that fancy[cost]. thanks for the reply

i want to buy and install[myself] an older[used] mode c transponder. Class Delta air space doesnt require 1 but atc cant see me on their scope and other a/c may not either.
Check ebay for the transponder. But even if not required for airspace will still need the Part 91 checks. E/AB aircraft?

I have a good Narco AT150, tray, Narco encoder and antenna. I will sell for $150 plus shipping...removed last year when I upgraded my Bonanza. PM me if interested.

ok .but right now i have as a new purchase Skyranger light sport - no avionics, except for a icon radio.
I have a good Narco AT150, tray, Narco encoder and antenna. I will sell for $150 plus shipping...removed last year when I upgraded my Bonanza. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE will u stand behind it for 30days -can a layman install it?

I have a good Narco AT150, tray, Narco encoder and antenna. I will sell for $150 plus shipping...removed last year when I upgraded my Bonanza. PM me if interested.
I have the same transponder in my C-210D and it has been trouble free for many many years. I installed it my self along with the altitude encoder and got a signoff. I was not difficult to install but it was so long ago I do not remember details.

Back