The two facts, one lie game

This one.
Incorrect. You'll find several generations of PicoKeyers used by hams all around the globe; it's still being sold to this day by the guy I sold my side business to a few years back. ID-O-Matics are running I don't know how many repeaters and beacons. I can also give you a case study on why you should not turn your hobby into a business.

Incorrect. You'll find several generations of PicoKeyers used by hams all around the globe; it's still being sold to this day by the guy I sold my side business to a few years back. ID-O-Matics are running I don't know how many repeaters and beacons. I can also give you a case study on why you should not turn your hobby into a business.

I guessed that one because of all the folks I have known and met in my lifetime, only 1 was a ham operator. I was interested as a young teenager before I found out fast cars and fast girls are more fun...;)

dang...I'll bet your CFI had a lump in his throat as soon as he or she realized!

Are you suggesting that I would lie about my driving experience?

Nope, that was true. So he was about to get busted for that, and I probably could have been for carrying a passenger on a student pilot ticket. He managed to avoid detection by the FSDO guy. All's well that ends well.

Whoops, can't remember what we are doing from one page to the other....:lol::lol:

Retrying, #2 is the untruth.
At last! You're up. I did a little bit of autocrossing in the 90s, but honestly it was like showing up in a bone stock 4-banger DD and going up against Miatas... it was fun, but I was not even close to being competitive.

At last.!!! :lol:

1. I once owned a 1969 Chevy Impala with a 427 engine.

2. I once owned a 1969 Chevy Corvette with a 427 engine.

3. I once owned a 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup with a 427 engine.

2. Could you afford a ‘Vette back then? You were young. What young dude drives a Vette? (Yeah, there are exceptions, I’m playing the odds).

1. I played guitar in a band that won a grammy in 1970.
2. I have had 4 total knee replacements in the past 4 years.
3. I am married to Morgan Fairchild.

2. Could you afford a ‘Vette back then? You were young. What young dude drives a Vette? (Yeah, there are exceptions, I’m playing the odds).

That's the one. If I had ever owned a '69 427 Vette then I would not be hanging out here.!! :lol::lol:

The 69 Impala belonged to a friend of mine. He ran out of gas one night and left it on the side of the highway. Around 3 am a 18 wheeler hit it from behind, no skid marks. So I bought the car, rebuilt the engine to my specifications and installed it in the 70 Chevy pickup. Man, that was one scary truck.!! No power steering, no power brakes, and all wheel drum brakes.

1. Gunther Rall was a personal friend.
2. Werhner Von Braun was a personal friend.
3. Bob Hoover was a personal friend.

I’ll pass to Doug or Shep. I’m a boring guy. My truths are unimpressive, and my lie would either be stupidly mundane or ridiculously over the top in comparison.

I'm going to guess Bob Hoover is the falsehood.

Yup. Never got to meet Bob Hoover.
I met Dr. Von Braun on a Civil Air Patrol trip to the Redstone Arsenal in 1965. He invited my brother and I back to his house, and we corresponded until his death.
I met Gunther Rall while I was in the Air Force. He visited the Squadron in 1971. In 1978 I was on an IBM trip to Germany, and made a point to contact him. He and I corresponded for years.

I'm also personally acquainted with Dr. Richard Garwin. He and my Uncle worked together at Nevis Labs, where I met him in 1960 when I was 10. Fast forward to 1982 and Dr Garwin and I worked together at IBM Research until we both retired.
You should look him up on Wikipedia. The most powerful, politically connected scientist in America. Brilliant, but a hard guy to work for, and scary.

Yup. Never got to meet Bob Hoover.
I met Dr. Von Braun on a Civil Air Patrol trip to the Redstone Arsenal in 1965. He invited my brother and I back to his house, and we corresponded until his death.

His daughter was Dean of Graduate Studies at the University of Idaho until she retired. Very nice woman. We had a lot of contact before we both retired.

Okay, that means I'm up again.

1) I appear in a list of the 100,000 most-cited scientists worldwide, ranked at 97,121.
2) I bought my husband a Corvette for Christmas last year.
3) I've flown a tanker simulator at Fairchild Air Force Base.

I'm going to guess #1 is the lie. She is probably further up the list.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Sac Arrow is correct. My ranking is 97,120.

I'm going to guess #2 for the lie.
Nope, I did, in fact, buy my husband a Corvette for Christmas (and his birthday, which is only 2 days later). It wasn't a new one, though. He doesn't like the new ones. It's a 2009 C6.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Sac Arrow is correct. My ranking is 97,120.

Heh! I figured as much.

So...

1. I shook hands with President Richard Nixon.

2. I was intercepted by the Secret Service in an apparent assignation attempt on former Vice President Dan Quayle.

3. I have met Bob Hoover.

I'll guess #2 is the lie.
(Because the Secret Service doesn't get that worked up about assignation. :) )

Heh! I figured as much.

So...

1. I shook hands with President Richard Nixon.

2. I was intercepted by the Secret Service in an apparent assignation attempt on former Vice President Dan Quayle.

3. I have met Bob Hoover.

Number 1

I'll guess #2 is the lie.
(Because the Secret Service doesn't get that worked up about assignation. :) )

Being there is only one choice left, the first person to respond is up.

Regarding #1 - Nixon was doing a meet and greet on the navy base in San Diego, and I was up front at the line of people as he came by. I was like five or six years old at the time. Still remember it.

Regarding #2 - (damned reverse autocorrect, or big fingers on tiny keyboard) I was at a Dan Quayle rally, right up at the edge of the cordoned off area as he was coming off the podium to shake hands. I started taking a series of pictures with my SLR camera with a big lens, and for whatever reason, the Secret Service agents started jumping in front of me and grabbing me, thinking I had a gun. After they examined it and decided it was actually a camera and not a gun, they let me go. I still have the sequence of photos sitting around somewhere. Let's see, what was I doing there. Oh, I was visiting my folks and they wanted to go.

# 1 Went flying in the Blue Angels Fat Albert during an airshow and the rocket bottles caused a grass fire by the runway.

# 2 One of the few holders of the Black Hawk “rotor rodeo” patch (video). Young and dumb.

# 3 Gave a PAR to AF1 during low IFR conditions and tower sup was suspended for allowing secret service on the runway whilst AF1 was landing.

I'll give it a go and say #3 is the untruth.

Because I have seen more than a few grass fires next to a runway caused by various sources, and I would have been that person to ride the rotor...which is an awesome video.!!

Back