Garming GNC355/GPS175/GNX 375 Database Update Erros

Casey T

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Casey
Hey everyone,
I have my IRA checkride tomorrow and have been trying for the past two days to get my database updated for it. When I got to update my database through flyGarmin, it updates everything like my safe taxi, obstacle, etc. but for some reason does not update my actual navigation database. I have made sure that it is updated and on my Garmin account it says that it is up to date, but when I turn on the GNC355 it shows everything is up to date and current except the navigation database.
Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks

Hey everyone,
I have my IRA checkride tomorrow and have been trying for the past two days to get my database updated for it. When I got to update my database through flyGarmin, it updates everything like my safe taxi, obstacle, etc. but for some reason does not update my actual navigation database. I have made sure that it is updated and on my Garmin account it says that it is up to date, but when I turn on the GNC355 it shows everything is up to date and current except the navigation database.
Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks
E mail Garmin right away !! Good luck tomorrow.

Is there any way you loaded the database that goes active on Thursday? It often lets you download the upcoming database, and it will show not-current until the beginning date comes around. If you are just looking at the Navdata and it shows yellow, that could be the reason. The obstacles database is good Oct 7-Dec 1, but the Navdata is good Nov 4-Dec 1.

Within the fly garmin app, go to settings and CLEAR all db’s from your card. Then reinstall the current dbs (not the next cycle, like Jesse said).

EDIT: tools>saved downloads>clear downloads

Within the fly garmin app, go to settings and CLEAR all db’s from your card. Then reinstall the current dbs (not the next cycle, like Jesse said).

EDIT: tools>saved downloads>clear downloads
One other thing is to FORMAT the SD card (FAT32) and reload everything.

One other thing is to FORMAT the SD card (FAT32) and reload everything.

Yep, agreed, but I’d try what I suggested first. worked for me when I had a db get corrupt or refuse to install.

so? did u fix the db issue and did u take your checkride?

Back