Giant TFR over cape canaveral?

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
I'm seeing an unusually large TFR over the cape. It's so large, it stretches back to Kissimmee and covers MCO. Of course, there's the normal exception for regularly scheduled air transport under ATC control, but I don't remember ever seeing one this big before. It it 40 nm in radius and goes almost halfway across the state!

Am I not remembering big ones in the past or has someone discovered a new toy to play with?

It looks like three TFR's. One is for space launch and two are for security. It looks like space-x has a launch coming up, but that is just the "middle sized" TFR. The other two are listed as "security". Total speculation here, but go read about "hypersonics". That's the new thing in the aerospace industry that has people getting excited.

SpaceX Crew 3 launch. Manned launches are now getting the large security TFR.

Because we’ve proven that we can’t stay out of the area they need us to, so now tell us they need a bigger area. :)

It's bigger than the FRZ around DC. Pilots can't stay out of that either, I guess they need to make it even bigger than it is too.

It's bigger than the FRZ around DC. Pilots can't stay out of that either, I guess they need to make it even bigger than it is too.
Noooooooo! It already costs me time and $$$$! to fly around

SpaceX Crew 3 launch. Manned launches are now getting the large security TFR.

Correct! But it’s nothing new for manned launches to have this. The shuttle had the exact same size TFR during its launches. This is normal for manned launches dating back to at least the last few years of the shuttle launch.

Back