09J - Jekyll Island, GA.

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Mary and I headed south to Jekyll Island, GA for the Commander Owners Group annual fly-in. This was our first time to Jekyll and we had a fun time. I think I did too much walking, read that as Mary shopped my legs off, but we had a blast exploring. I was asked to do a presentation on flying videos for the group and it seemed to go over well, at least I wasn’t pulled off stage with a big hook. Here is our blog post write up along with videos of our flight to and from.

BLOG POST – http://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/2021/09/jekyll-island-and-cog-fly-in.html

That's a beautiful place, went there in about 2014 on a road trip.

How many Commanders were there? Curious as there isn't much parking, at least not on the pavement.

They have gas powered Red Bugs now? We've used them years ago and they were all electric.

Fun place. We stayed there about 8 years ago, but didn't get to fly our plane in, but it's on my list. There was a Waco there at the time giving flights if I recall.

How many Commanders were there? Curious as there isn't much parking, at least not on the pavement. They have gas powered Red Bugs now? We've used them years ago and they were all electric.

I think there were 35 commanders that attended and 75-77 people.

I was surprised I got a gas powered red bug too, but they said it will be good for the time we had it without needing a fill up.

The picture is a little fuzzy...almost looks like a high wing.

If you look really close at the photo Ed posted that's me in the peach shirt and tan shorts standing next to my friend's Commander 112.

Back