where can I get a connector for this carb temp indicator?

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
Hello. Bought a Weston (maybe made by Richter) carb temp indicator, P/N 02138. How can I get a P/N for the connector for the unit, and/or just generally find one of these? It's a round back connector. Unit has three probes. Can send a picture if POA site will let me...
would really appreciate the help w this.
thanks
dan

Attachments

• P:N 102138  Weston Carburetor Temperature Gauge.jpg
    P:N 102138 Weston Carburetor Temperature Gauge.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 62
The connector screw on with a fine thread. I don't have the probe either. Sounds like I need to start there...

The connector screw on with a fine thread. I don't have the probe either. Sounds like I need to start there...
Is there an "AN" P/N on your Weston indicator? If so there is a cross-reference somewhere that will tell you what AN probes it will work with. The Weston connectors were usually a threaded or bayonet MS connector. Is this a new install? What aircraft? What carb will the temp probe be installed in?

pulled this info off the plate: P/N 102138, Order No AC-1669, Spec. No 94-27949
Installing on my Cessna 172D - indicator is nice but used. Not sure about the carburetor but I think it's Marvel Schreiber.
thanks for trying to help.
dan

Installing on my Cessna 172D
Cessna offered carb temp systems as an option on a number of models to include most 172s. The easiest way to install this system would be to get a hold of a Cessna parts manual for your D model then look for the Cessna P/Ns either new or used. Given it was a factory option and you use factory P/Ns it is a simple minor alteration to install. And there are usually a lot of used OEM parts out there. What's the last 5 digits of your aircraft S/N and I'll see if I can find a kit number.

With the 94 spec, it’s either military surplus or built to the milspec. I’ll look tomorrow when I get home and see if I can find the sensor and connector data in the catalogs.

You will need to do a little measuring, but download the Amphenol 97 Series catalog. Yo are looking for a MS3107 or MS3108, 3 socket connector. You will have to figure out the shell size and the key clocking for the complete part number. Mouser and Digi-key usually have them, but also don't be afraid to hit evilbay too.

thanks for the help! the S/N is 17250354... I think I have a download on some computer for the 172D.I'll get into mouser or DigiKey and see if I can buy the connector. Looks like spruce has the probe.

Looks like a pretty standard Amphenol connector. They're available at most electronics supply sites, as well as on Amazon.

Last edited:
the S/N is 17250354...
Here's a link to the Cessna kit that would install the carb temp system on your S/N aircraft. There might be some minor differences if you compare it to the IPC version for those systems installed during production. Also your S/N is close to the split where Cessna changed how they tracked kits so that may cause some differences as well. Just look for the parts listed and install it per the included instructions. May also want to first review your aircraft to ensure there are no other alterations that could affect this kit install before you buy anymore parts.

https://ww2.txtav.com/TechnicalPublications/SI/GetCessnaAttachment?id=34136&PubNumber=AK182-47N
upload_2021-10-29_12-17-49.png

wow. thanks for this help. and I appreciate it.
dan

Is the manufacturer Weston, or Westach? Cause if it is Westach, I have a couple of them.

Back