Aircraft maintenance records program

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Does anyone subscribe to an aircraft maintenance record organization service? Mine are somewhat scattered and I'd like to clean it up and get them all done digitally, but the costs of the services/programs I've seen are pretty absurd.

Mine are somewhat scattered and I'd like to clean it up and get them all done digitally,
Is this a privately owned Part 91 aircraft? What do you mean by a "aircraft maintenance record organization service"? What specific records are you wanting to do digitally? While there are ways to easily streamline your maintenance records requirements, if you're asking about a CAMP system or similar then you're talking way overkill and expensive for a simple Part 91 private aircraft.

Is this a privately owned Part 91 aircraft? What do you mean by a "aircraft maintenance record organization service"? What specific records are you wanting to do digitally? While there are ways to easily streamline your maintenance records requirements, if you're asking about a CAMP system or similar then you're talking way overkill and expensive for a simple Part 91 private aircraft.
Not that, just want to have a place to store all of my records and alert me to upcoming things. i.e transponder cert etc.

I've done a crap ton of maintenance to bring my plane into this century. I'd like to have a recurring check of things i.e replace all Scat hoses every 10 years or something like that. But primarily just to digitize my Mx logs.

Also terrified of losing the logs, but frankly scanning the hundreds of pages in just isn't doing it for me from an organizational standpoint.

Not that, just want to have a place to store all of my records and alert me to upcoming things. i.e transponder cert etc.

I've done a crap ton of maintenance to bring my plane into this century. I'd like to have a recurring check of things i.e replace all Scat hoses every 10 years or something like that. But primarily just to digitize my Mx logs.

Also terrified of losing the logs, but frankly scanning the hundreds of pages in just isn't doing it for me from an organizational standpoint.
Do it once. A pain yes, but you do it only once. Put all the originals in a box, and don't lose it. And then continue to put stuff in your now organized logs. The logs in my old Cherokee were things of beauty, and I would like to duplicate them on my Mooney. One of these days...

just want to have a place to store all of my records and alert me to upcoming things. i.e transponder cert etc.
There are a number of options to organize/track your records at this level. From home-made Excel spreadsheets to a number of new apps. But as mentioned above my go-to route that I set most my old customers up with was ADLog. They can customize it to cover your mx scheduling at a price I think is reasonable. However, I don't believe they offer old records archiving. If looking to just copy older records there are usually local archiving services that will do that at a decent price if you don't want to sit in front a scanner for days/weeks. Personally, I would recommend to organize older permanent records per Part 91.417 in one pile and the remainder in another pile then purchase separate document archive boxes and store the hard copies in a safe place. I think digitizing older records is more subjective to the owner than a necessity. The only word of caution copying mx records is that you must keep the current valid hardcopy with the mx signatures for the required period.

Check out Coflyt. It’s what I use currently. Very user friendly and you can set up all of the reminders you want. It has an iPhone making entries easy.

https://app.coflyt.com/users/sign_in

The other one out there is PlaneLogix. They will scan in your mtx records for you. It’s more in-depth and is a true logbook replacement that becomes an all digital and legal mtx logbook and tracking system. They offer a lot of services to fit what you need. I didn’t find Planelogix as user friendly and went to Coflyt.

Since I left, I believe they have changed a lot of things making it much more intuitive and user friendly. I plan to go back to PlaneLogix when my Coflyt subscription ends.

https://planelogix.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I digitized mine myself, it was faster and easier to just copy each page. Then take the stack and scan em as one instead of scanning each page as I went

however I’m with you on finding a better way to keep track of things for the long haul. I’m thinking white board for the big stuff and excel for the details….

If you're good at spreadsheets, toss paper into the scanner (preferably one with an ADF) as it's generated. Copy the numbers into Google Sheets so that you have it on your phone, your computer, your iPad, etc. Create recurring .ICS for calendar items and write hourly items on a white board or write a formula in Google sheets. It helps if you learn how to do conditional formatting, date calculation functions, etc.

I digitized mine myself, it was faster and easier to just copy each page. Then take the stack and scan em as one instead of scanning each page as I went

however I’m with you on finding a better way to keep track of things for the long haul. I’m thinking white board for the big stuff and excel for the details….

Mine are digitized too, but not searchable. I believe PlaneLogix has a way for you to update logbooks and make them searchable through OCR technology. It’s a feature I just read on their website.

It used to be that you had to send PlaneLogix your logbooks and they covert to OCR. It’s was expensive. Now it looks like you can upload and convert them on your own which should save some money.

Last edited:
Check out Coflyt. It’s what I use currently. Very user friendly and you can set up all of the reminders you want. It has an iPhone making entries easy.

https://app.coflyt.com/users/sign_in

The other one out there is PlaneLogix. They will scan in your mtx records for you. It’s more in-depth and is a true logbook replacement that becomes an all digital and legal mtx logbook and tracking system. They offer a lot of services to fit what you need. I didn’t find Planelogix as user friendly and went to Coflyt.

Since I left, I believe they have changed a lot of things making it much more intuitive and user friendly. I plan to go back to PlaneLogix when my Coflyt subscription ends.

https://planelogix.com/

I use PlaneLogiX and really like it.

Back