How About Flying To Block Island?

Old Town Inn On BI

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Old Town Inn On BI
I am trying to post this message but I don't have a "post a thread" button other than under sitefeedback. Can you help direct me?

We run a 10 room B&B just steps from the BI Airport and this summer we had a big increase in pilots from all over New England and as far away as Ohio!!!! The landing fees are very cheap and there are always openings to park your plane overnight!

We are open most of the year, so feel free to call us if you want to get more information! 401-466-5958. The Old Town Inn at 508 Old Town Road, Block Island. RI. 02807

We look forward to your visit!

Cheers,
Neal

Last edited:
Hey Neal, welcome to PoA. Please introduce yourself!

Hi Neal, I've flown to KBID several times this summer and walked by your B&B on the way to the town from the airport. Welcome to the forum!

Hey Neal, welcome to PoA. Please introduce yourself!
Thanks!!! This site was recommended by one of your members!

We run a 10 room B&B just steps from the BI Airport and this summer we had a big increase in pilots from all over New England and as far away as Ohio!!!! The landing fees are very cheap and there are always openings to park your plane overnight!

We are open most of the year, so feel free to call us if you want to get more information! 401-466-5958. The Old Town Inn at 508 Old Town Road, Block Island. RI. 02807

Cheers,
Neal

Hi Neal!

Good of you to post, always looking for aviation friendly places to visit. Haven't been to Block Island, but it has been on the list. Couple of questions:

What is your policy on cancellations due to weather?

For getting around town, would you have a recommendation for car rentals or perhaps mopeds/bikes?

Well Neal, you caught my eye. I work in federal law enforcement and my partner approached me about flying to BI. We will probably come visit you sometime in the not too distant future. (I'm gonna say ditto on @Gary 's questions too).

For the benefit of other PoA members, the website for their B&B is https://www.otiblockisland.com/

Hi Neal!

Good of you to post, always looking for aviation friendly places to visit. Haven't been to Block Island, but it has been on the list. Couple of questions:

What is your policy on cancellations due to weather?

For getting around town, would you have a recommendation for car rentals or perhaps mopeds/bikes?

We do full refund for pilots on canceling because of weather so no worries. Actually in the off season, we don't even take deposits because the weather can be unpredictable as you know!!! Depending on the time of year, bikes or mopeds are plenty, if you are active. However, we are only a mile from town (15 - 20 minute walk) and restaurants so its pretty simple. There are several car rentals and off season I am sure they are "fairly" cheap but I will look into that. The Island gets quiet post Columbus Day so its hiking, biking, reading, drinking and eating at some simple restaurants!!! Long way of saying ,if you are looking to be entertained then you want to visit during the summer months vs the off season..

Well Neal, you caught my eye. I work in federal law enforcement and my partner approached me about flying to BI. We will probably come visit you sometime in the not too distant future. (I'm gonna say ditto on @Gary 's questions too).

For the benefit of other PoA members, the website for their B&B is https://www.otiblockisland.com/
We do full refund for pilots on canceling because of weather so no worries. Actually in the off season, we don't even take deposits because the weather can be unpredictable as you know!!! Depending on the time of year, bikes or mopeds are plenty, if you are active. However, we are only a mile from town (15 - 20 minute walk) and restaurants so its pretty simple. There are several car rentals and off season I am sure they are "fairly" cheap but I will look into that. The Island gets quiet post Columbus Day so its hiking, biking, reading, drinking and eating at some simple restaurants!!! Long way of saying ,if you are looking to be entertained then you want to visit during the summer months vs the off season.

Let me add that Old Town Inn has perhaps the best Halloween decorations going on the island. The BI chamber of commerce's website keeps a pretty good updated list of what restaurants are open during the offseason (and many are open only on certain days), so it may pay to check that out when planning any trip to the island. When the weather cooperates, I've found October and November to be my favorite times to be out there.

I am trying to post this message but I don't have a "post a thread" button other than under sitefeedback. Can you help direct me?

Cheers,
Neal

I'd love to!

Neal, are dogs allowed at the Inn?

Will come in November if so!

FFB51340-AECB-4E5C-9405-1C71EF17114D.jpeg

Back